Post-game presser

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to guess Collins had never been in this position before. Didn't know how to answer the tough question about his job

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am posting this bc I am fascinated...how would YOU answer that question at your job when you have 4 years of (unsatisfactory) data. I really don't have a clue what a person could/should say in that situation. I know some of you will chime in with something unrealistic such as "I deserve to be fired" but if that is your response, I am guessing you have never truly fired someone for performance. Sometimes, in my experience, people will own it it you are firing them for cause (violation of policy,etc.). But never for performance. Have you had different experiences in your career?

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I am posting this bc I am fascinated...how would YOU answer that question at your job when you have 4 years of (unsatisfactory) data. I really don't have a clue what a person could/should say in that situation. I know some of you will chime in with something unrealistic such as "I deserve to be fired" but if that is your response, I am guessing you have never truly fired someone for performance. Sometimes, in my experience, people will own it it you are firing them for cause (violation of policy,etc.). But never for performance. Have you had different experiences in your career?
Why are you even trying to defend this guy at all right now? Sounding like a uGA mole. We want him to feel the heat for once and give an honest answer!!!! He is a bull**** artist and so was his answer here!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I only made the remark because he seems to always find ways to spin things (the famous "if you haven't seen progress you're not trying" or whatever). It just seemed like he didn't have an answer for the first time.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Why are you even trying to defend this guy at all right now? Sounding like a uGA mole. We want him to feel the heat for once and give an honest answer!!!! He is a bull**** artist and so was his answer here!
I don't think he is defending CGC, just merely pointing out that people that like to have some sense of self-worth will have a hard time admitting that they aren't up for the task.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he is defending CGC, just merely pointing out that people that like to have some sense of self-worth will have a hard time admitting that they aren't up for the task.
Which inherently defends CGC for giving complete garbage answers. I have been through my fair share of career years and multiple times I have owned up to the fact that I ****ed up/didn't deserve to be in the position I was at. He continues to say he is the guy with zero results to back it up.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
If I was that bad? I would say I'm going to change literally everything I do. No more juice crew. No more dancing instead of lifting. Run practices like every other program in the country. Give out a real depth chart, if you suck you aren't on there. Not everyone gets to play just because you practiced well. Reshuffle some coaching roles so that we have someone dedicated to special teams. You tell them you know you are bad at your job and that everything is on the chopping block, even your groomsman coaching the OL.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
If I was that bad? I would say I'm going to change literally everything I do. No more juice crew. No more dancing instead of lifting. Run practices like every other program in the country. Give out a real depth chart, if you suck you aren't on there. Not everyone gets to play just because you practiced well. Reshuffle some coaching roles so that we have someone dedicated to special teams. You tell them you know you are bad at your job and that everything is on the chopping block, even your groomsman coaching the OL.
We need a spark and it would start with something like this

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, I could have answered that question, but I'll admit that I wouldn't have had a $3M salary hanging on what I said.

If he was John Mckay and had even a little bit of wit he could have turned the question around. But one thing I've noticed about Collins is that he really doesn't appear to have much of a sense of humor. Ah, well. Another Saturday, another disheartening loss.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Which inherently defends CGC for giving complete garbage answers. I have been through my fair share of career years and multiple times I have owned up to the fact that I ****ed up/didn't deserve to be in the position I was at. He continues to say he is the guy with zero results to back it up.
I don't think observing a situation is the same as defending. The only person on this forum who would defend CGC at this point has a list he was supposedly keeping of people who doubted CGC. CGC has never given a straight answer in a press conference and no one should expect him to now. The guy is in damage control so he can find a job as an analyst at whatever school Rhule gets hired at.
He said those things this offseason.. i think he knows he is done. I just wish it was over with already.

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Mistakes by competent people are usually errors of omission, poor performance is usually errors of commission. We've all made mistakes in our careers and have had "the talk" with the boss about fixing our mistakes, and then had the talk with the guy in the mirror and made the necessary corrections. Assuming you're competent, when your poor performance continues after being counseled, you have accept the consequences. That includes answering the tough questions.