Possible GT coach, Jamey Chadwell article and an insight to player relations

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If Chadwell has the same agent as most of these college coaching guys (I can not recall his name), that dude just puts his coach in every potential scenario and leverages that to get the highest bid. That gives him the best commission and allows him to live like Jeff Bezos. For that reason, I now doubt that Chadwell ends up at Georgia Tech. There are just too many openings with higher financial ceilings than Georgia Tech, and too few good coaching candidates. Chadwell is the most attractive Group of Five Head Coaching candidate and has enough cache to demand near top dollar. In essence, it is a seller's market, not a buyer's market. Look for Brent Key to get the job.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
If Chadwell has the same agent as most of these college coaching guys (I can not recall his name), that dude just puts his coach in every potential scenario and leverages that to get the highest bid. That gives him the best commission and allows him to live like Jeff Bezos. For that reason, I now doubt that Chadwell ends up at Georgia Tech. There are just too many openings with higher financial ceilings than Georgia Tech, and too few good coaching candidates. Chadwell is the most attractive Group of Five Head Coaching candidate and has enough cache to demand near top dollar. In essence, it is a seller's market, not a buyer's market. Look for Brent Key to get the job.
It’s more about self preservation for Batt than anything else. He is brand new in the job. He’s never hired anyone like this before. He might be doing this to appease an important donor base and to buy himself some cover.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It came from an AJC article by Jeff Schultz. However Ken wrote one saying Chadwell and Key had been interviewed without a mention of BOB. I trust Ken way more than Shultz.

Just an FYI. I don't have the same disdain for Krn that most on here do, but Ken is at the mercy of hi sources here. The article he wrote for the AD candidates was WAY off. Two of his candidates were not even in consideration. To his credit he pointed that out afterwards.

The reality is unless Batt and Cabrera have started talking, no one really knows. There's a group making a big stink for "their guy", and everyone else is left waiting.

My tea leaf prediction: Key and O'Brien are effectively done after this weekend. If it's either of tgem, they'll be named next week If no one is named, it'll be Chadwell since he still has a conference championship to play for next weekend.

It could also be a mystery candidate...so basically no one knows.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Just an FYI. I don't have the same disdain for Krn that most on here do, but Ken is at the mercy of hi sources here. The article he wrote for the AD candidates was WAY off. Two of his candidates were not even in consideration. To his credit he pointed that out afterwards.

The reality is unless Batt and Cabrera have started talking, no one really knows. There's a group making a big stink for "their guy", and everyone else is left waiting.

My tea leaf prediction: Key and O'Brien are effectively done after this weekend. If it's either of tgem, they'll be named next week If no one is named, it'll be Chadwell since he still has a conference championship to play for next weekend.

It could also be a mystery candidate...so basically no one knows.
Agree with this part. If it’s key/bob think you hear about it Monday maybe Tuesday. If nothing by then or it goes into next weekend, gotta think it’s chadwell.

And like u said, it could be someone else out in left field.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
not sure we need this at Tech. But if he is the pick, I'll get him the 1st half of the 1st game to prove he is the right man.( don't want someone to say I didn't give him a chance)
We don’t need what exactly? What in this article was bad?