Possible D Staff

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
As said Woody is a done deal. As for his potential staff I’ve heard 2 names from his App St staff that may be coming. Ivey the D-Line coach and Brown the Corner coach. I’ve also heard we will have a spot for Andy Mac and he may get a title change and raise. I like these 2 guys from App. Brown recruits GA and is very well respected in the state. I love the Woody hire. This is the type of D Johnson has wanted and a perfect match with our O.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for sharing the inside info over here. Looks like Brown has some Mississippi ties, and Ivey has Florida and Virginia ties. Hopefully some new recruiting doors can be opened by these guys.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
As said Woody is a done deal. As for his potential staff I’ve heard 2 names from his App St staff that may be coming. Ivey the D-Line coach and Brown the Corner coach. I’ve also heard we will have a spot for Andy Mac and he may get a title change and raise. I like these 2 guys from App. Brown recruits GA and is very well respected in the state. I love the Woody hire. This is the type of D Johnson has wanted and a perfect match with our O.
Ivey has connections in Florida also

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
What current coaches do you expect not to be retained?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Any insight on a 10th coach?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Now the question is who will be the 10th coach. I’ll assume a defensive guy.
CB: Brown
OLB: Woody
DL: Ivey
I’ll assume MAC will coach secondary or ILB so we will need one more guy to coach whatever MAC doesn’t coach.

I really hope the 10th coach can be a top notch recruiter, and maybe ST or maybe MAC could do ST

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Now the question is who will be the 10th coach. I’ll assume a defensive guy.
CB: Brown
OLB: Woody
DL: Ivey
I’ll assume MAC will coach secondary or ILB so we will need one more guy to coach whatever MAC doesn’t coach.
I sort of wish that Coach Woody would bring App State LB Coach Dale Jones also. He was an All SEC linebacker at Tennessee 1983-1986

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the 10th guy shouldn't be a lights out recruiter but on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe they could help out with coaching up the OL. Has anyone heard of any pending changes on the offensive coaching staff?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the 10th guy shouldn't be a lights out recruiter but on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe they could help out with coaching up the OL. Has anyone heard of any pending changes on the offensive coaching staff?
We don’t recruit per side of the ball. It’s by region, but I do agree it would need to be a lights out recruiter. As for OL I doubt it, we already have two guys there.