Positive Press?

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
New era. Great leadership. Great group of SAs. As CPJ says this is a business trip. Do their job, assignments, the very best they can. Practice hard to improve and realize you always need to play at top performance because you never know when a call against you, error or mistake may happen and you will need to over come it. Have fun!. This team is one to be proud of both on and off the field. Saturday night we will be as proud as ever if not more so!!

Go Jackets!!!! SWARM and Sting 'em badly!!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
All I know is this...win and we will become a VERY hot and trendy pick going forward. Lose and you will see folks abandon us faster that rats leaving a sinking ship. Because I want to rest of our season to matter (beyond the immediate GT community, that is) is why this game is SO important in my mind. I LOVE going through a season where every home game is a sellout full of excited fans who are looking to see a Top Ten team play. I hate seeing 10,000 empty seats at Bobby Dodd against the likes of Pitt and UNC (which is what I think will happen if we lose to ND).

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
All I know is this...win and we will become a VERY hot and trendy pick going forward. Lose and you will see folks abandon us faster that rats leaving a sinking ship. Because I want to rest of our season to matter (beyond the immediate GT community, that is) is why this game is SO important in my mind. I LOVE going through a season where every home game is a sellout full of excited fans who are looking to see a Top Ten team play. I hate seeing 10,000 empty seats at Bobby Dodd against the likes of Pitt and UNC (which is what I think will happen if we lose to ND).

This. Soooooo much this. You are dead on my friend.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
Morans. "Georgia Tech doesn't have any draft picks on this team."

You mean guys like Mason, Smelter and Waller?

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I'd be more nervous than I am if it weren't for the old-world style beatdown that CPJ has been waiting over a decade to administer to BvG.

I'm really hanging my hat that the players want to take care of that for him.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
I constantly push GT, the ACC, and the ESPN bias on my SEC loyal family & friends. They'll usually have none of it....until last year...when GT shocked 'em...and did it the "old-fashioned" way of running the ball down their throats. This week, they've all called me to predict GT will destroy ND and that scares me. We haven't just gotten the media attention. We're getting sidewalk fans too.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Anxiety is part of being a Tech fan I have decided.

Let's console ourselves with this. Any good athlete will tell you that after the first solid hit in a game you forget everything you heard or read about how the game was supposed to go. You get in the moment and start to execute what you've practiced.

So Tech could be filled with themselves from reading all the positive press (don't think they are) and it will not impact their play one bit once we are 2 minutes into the game.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
After the run of last several games,even the doubters have to start to wonder what we are capable of.
I'm sure we will have a battle but they are missing key parts so this may go like the last time we were up here.
IF IF our DEf can stop their run game somewhat,they will be in trouble.Our Off can score 30 pts unless we lose fumbles,etc

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Does this bother anyone else?

"Opponents can mirror Georgia Tech’s offensive formations and plays more easily than the Yellow Jackets’ defense can mirror the size and bulk of an opponent like Notre Dame, or the players and offenses they will see later this season in games against teams like Florida State, Miami and Georgia."

No matter how many times Tech beats a team that is "supposed to be better" writers can not shake the narrative that Tech's "unconventional" offense puts the whole program at some kind of disadvantage. It seems to me that if opposing teams have trouble simulating Tech's offense, and I believe they do, then Tech's issues of simulating an offense are no greater but roughly the same.

No, I take that back. Simulating Tech's offense is much harder because it relies on a level of speed and timing found in no other offense.

Been drinking tonight. Don't mind me.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Does this bother anyone else?

"Opponents can mirror Georgia Tech’s offensive formations and plays more easily than the Yellow Jackets’ defense can mirror the size and bulk of an opponent like Notre Dame, or the players and offenses they will see later this season in games against teams like Florida State, Miami and Georgia."

No matter how many times Tech beats a team that is "supposed to be better" writers can not shake the narrative that Tech's "unconventional" offense puts the whole program at some kind of disadvantage. It seems to me that if opposing teams have trouble simulating Tech's offense, and I believe they do, then Tech's issues of simulating an offense are no greater but roughly the same.

No, I take that back. Simulating Tech's offense is much harder because it relies on a level of speed and timing found in no other offense.

Been drinking tonight. Don't mind me.
It does bother me...vs. Analyzing why this offensive scheme "fits" a non factory program and is succeful at a high level the analysis dwells on the potential and speculative down side...the inherently fickled press always sides with success so the best means to change perseption is to win and grab the stage...having been a Tech fan for forty years I hope this team will sieze the day...I am guardedly optomistic... I was at the 69-7 debacle in South bend (Joe Montana at the helm) and have a deep seated hatred for the domers since then...I secretly hope Tech dominate like they did at the OB!