Cape Day

• Yay

Votes: 114 97.4%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Ramblin Wreckt

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought the cape day thing was pretty cool. Most of the time I think alt kits across CFB are a silly shtick. (& I didn't love the look of the kits, though that's inconsequential)

But, I make an exception for good causes, particularly Wounded Warrior. & now CHOA.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it went as well as it could have. It exceeded my expectations. Great cause, jerseys looked great, honoring the patients during timeouts in the 1st quarter earned loud standing ovations, tear jerking stories. Hope the experience and the proceeds made a real difference to those that need it.

georgytech

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought the uniforms looked terrible, the GT on the helmet looked bad too. Supporting a cause is one thing but selling your identity is something else. Most of us expect to see the team in white & gold & we will be here long after the kids that want to wear an alternative uniform have come & gone.
Go Jackets !

supertech1984

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought the uniforms looked terrible, the GT on the helmet looked bad too. Supporting a cause is one thing but selling your identity is something else. Most of us expect to see the team in white & gold & we will be here long after the kids that want to wear an alternative uniform have come & gone.
Go Jackets !

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but dadgum I loved this uni’s. Maybe one of my all time favorite at Tech

Matt E

GT Athlete
Go Jackets !

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. We will all be dead and the kids coming down the road will be wanting even crazier alternates.

kalld12

Banned
Go Jackets !

Dude lighten up, I get that your entitled to your own opinion, but the grey had a Tech background, we weren't abandoning our identity. The support for the cause was awesome, as were the Jerseys/Helmets. We made those kids/families day, as well as made a huge impact on kids that couldn't attend. This is much bigger than us and our opinions!

I know this is going to stun all you "blue lovers", but I actually loved the gray uniforms. They look FAR FAR better than any of those crappy blue uniforms we have worn, especially the blue pants last year, and the all blue bowl uniforms last year, but also including the 1990 and 2014 blue jersey uniforms. I hope we wear them again next year, although I would personally like to see some gold trim somewhere on the pants. Half the teams in the country wear some kind of blue in their uniforms; I can't offhand think of any other team that wears anything like what we wore Saturday. They were IMO highly distinctive.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Go Jackets !
Yeah screw the kids with cancer. They won't be here as long as you. Who cares that they would want to wear a jersey dedicated to them right?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this is going to stun all you "blue lovers", but I actually loved the gray uniforms. They look FAR FAR better than any of those crappy blue uniforms we have worn, especially the blue pants last year, and the all blue bowl uniforms last year, but also including the 1990 and 2014 blue jersey uniforms. I hope we wear them again next year, although I would personally like to see some gold trim somewhere on the pants. Half the teams in the country wear some kind of blue in their uniforms; I can't offhand think of any other team that wears anything like what we wore Saturday. They were IMO highly distinctive.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/722d98c96ebd6e4a0612f5a386605ac7/tenor.gif?itemid=5614504

What?! You?!! Something other than white and gold? Lol!

But in all seriousness, as you know from our discussion on it at the game, I as well think they are very, very good looking uniforms in person. Even the golds match! I would not be offended at all if the onyx gray took the place of the navy blue. It won’t, we know that, but it’s a very sharp looking uniform/jersey.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/722d98c96ebd6e4a0612f5a386605ac7/tenor.gif?itemid=5614504

What?! You?!! Something other than white and gold? Lol!

But in all seriousness, as you know from our discussion on it at the game, I as well think they are very, very good looking uniforms in person. Even the golds match! I would not be offended at all if the onyx gray took the place of the navy blue. It won’t, we know that, but it’s a very sharp looking uniform/jersey.
LOVE the gif in your post.
BTW, I told you Saturday that I would stun others on The Swarm. LOL

jimholman7

Georgia Tech Fan
Incredible looking uniforms. They actually looked better in person than in print and there was good contrast with the gold numbers and gray uni. There was an old codger behind me in sec 102 yelling "It's up with the WHITE and GOLD, dadgummit!", but he was in the minority in my section at least.

My son is 15 and wants me to spend his Christmas money on a game-worn uniform. He's 6' 2" and 215lbs and would love #15, #4, #12, or #6.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but dadgum I loved this uni’s. Maybe one of my all time favorite at Tech

Totally agree. Pleasantly surprised. Best gold I have seen in awhile.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The uniforms were fantastic, honestly way better than I expected, and I already liked them from the photos that had come out originally. I don't think the golds were a perfect match, but they were pretty dang close and rewatching the game on tv they look the same, so good enough! I think the heavy contrast of the grey helps a lot with making the golds look more similar. I would absolutely be down for the team to wear these uniforms again.