Position Changes for 2020

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought he was one of our most consistent linebackers. He’s light in the britches though. Kaleb Oliver looks like he’s packed on some muscle. Maybe a position swap?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’ll most likely back up Oliver at the nickel.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not a fan of Tobias moving to D. When he has the ball in space, you know you’re in for a treat. Outside of speed, he has the skills you want in a ball carrier. Was looking forward to him being on receiving end of bubble and flanker screens.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Hanson, King, and Wells are now off the team. The last 2 names were the kickers

Kind of sad to hear that about Wells. He had such a great year in 2018, a perfect year.

You mean Connor Hansen? That's news. Wonder what happened there?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Couldn;t get healthy, recruited to run block. Has one year left and likely graduated. If he didn't see football in his future he might have just decided to be done and get to work.
Yes. I think what actually happened is that Hansen couldn't overcome his injuries, even with additional time. We had a similar situation when Chris Griffin played OT. Everyone on the staff, by all reports, thought he was headed for all-ACC, at the least. 6'6", 305 and experienced. He tried to rehab and come back for his senior year and after two practices in fall gave up.

We'll miss Hansen. He started for a reason. Even playing hurt and with a new staff and scheme, he was always made the field. He was always one of my favorites too; he really liked to hit people.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I think what actually happened is that Hansen couldn't overcome his injuries, even with additional time. We had a similar situation when Chris Griffin played OT. Everyone on the staff, by all reports, thought he was headed for all-ACC, at the least. 6'6", 305 and experienced. He tried to rehab and come back for his senior year and after two practices in fall gave up.

We'll miss Hansen. He started for a reason. Even playing hurt and with a new staff and scheme, he was always made the field. He was always one of my favorites too; he really liked to hit people.
Also, I heard Hansen is on schedule to graduate this semester.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
That is curious, i thought he was our best linebacker last season, he’s smallish for that position but has a great nose for the ball imo

His DB position is likely to be Nickel where his size is not much of an issue. After all Lawerence Austin played that spot exceptionally well as a much smaller DB. #22 an #25 will make a real impact at the N position. Curry will likely be on the field a lot and this opens up the WLB position for more LB rotation and training. I like this move.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Haven't seen this thread yet, but according to the AJC, Jerry Howard and Bruce Jordan-Swilling will be switching positions (Howard to LB and Swilling to RB) for 2020. Seems like an odd decision for both considering they each have only one year left.
I dont think Jerry Howard is big enough to play lb

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
His DB position is likely to be Nickel where his size is not much of an issue. After all Lawerence Austin played that spot exceptionally well as a much smaller DB. #22 an #25 will make a real impact at the N position. Curry will likely be on the field a lot and this opens up the WLB position for more LB rotation and training. I like this move.
I meant small for LB, but very effective he made some big plays