Portal Watch 2022-23

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
They have another WR & a LB that GT has offered. Key & Faulkner were in Texas on Monday.
A&M has 23 in the portal (so far), including thirteen 4⭐️ athletes.

Also includes their starting qb, Haynes King. Being from East Texas, maybe he’ll stay close to home next season.

JacketFan137

Banned
He should hopefully be 100% healthy too - Wasn't he battling a hand/wrist injury when he came back this year? That certainly didn't help his catching ability this year
year 1 after an acl injury has historically been pretty tough. guys like adrian peterson and cooper kupp have been the exception not the rule

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Koon said on his podcast last night that Tech was 100% in on a LB and another WR from Texas A&M and basically that they were coming

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Losing Ace and Thomas, we could use some depth at LB.
They got 3 LBs in Transfer Portal right now...all high 3 or low 4
A sophomore with 3 or 4 years of left but no PT so far
A Junior with some limited PT last season with 2 years left
A senior with a good bit of PT but nothing eye popping.

A senior with experience maybe the ticket

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Losing Ace and Thomas, we could use some depth at LB.
Tatum looks ready to step right in at one spot. We run a 4-2-5 so one more out of the portal should be great. Efford and the two guys from Creekside need to be ready to go though. If we can get 2 from portal, even better or we may need to look at sliding a DE/S over (Edwards perhaps?)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
ahaha!

I know I catch some flak, but hey we all want the same thing and that is to see Tech have success!

If you watch the show great, if not would love for yall to give it a spin!
Tatum looks ready to step right in at one spot. We run a 4-2-5 so one more out of the portal should be great. Efford and the two guys from Creekside need to be ready to go though. If we can get 2 from portal, even better or we may need to look at sliding a DE/S over (Edwards perhaps?)
I'd say we need 5-6 LB's that can play for a 4-2-5 to be consistently successful. Ace and Charlie were on the field too much this season. Love what they did, but if we had 3-4 other LB's that could play at that level, we would be unstoppable.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sergio Allen from Clemson in the portal….

I sort of hope Sergio does not end up at GT. 36 snaps in 3 years does not suggest someone that is likely to play much at GT.

Tchio had 200 snaps in 2 years at Clemson and was a non factor this season at GT. In most cases the players who have made the biggest contributions to GT have been the ones who were contributors at a previous stop.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I sort of hope Sergio does not end up at GT. 36 snaps in 3 years does not suggest someone that is likely to play much at GT.

Tchio had 200 snaps in 2 years at Clemson and was a non factor this season at GT. In most cases the players who have made the biggest contributions to GT have been the ones who were contributors at a previous stop.
I thought Tchio was battling an injury most of the year?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if Smoke Bouie (FR CB from A&M)
Will catch the GT staff’s attention?
1671063675107.png