Portal Watch 2022-23

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
9B7F0469-C56B-4344-9ABA-902E5DC4BDE2.jpeg

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
With Jude Kelley intending to enter the portal, I thought I’d start a thread to keep track of all additions and departures via the portal this offseason.

I expect with a new HC and staff that the portal will be very busy both in and out, and while I know we have the recruiting threads, I feel that especially this season a separate portal thread would be somewhat beneficial and helpful for keeping track rather than having a billion “XXX Is transferring” threads.

So far we have
Out:
Jeff Sims
D Knight
J Kelley

In:

Planning on keeping this updated and such

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
With Jude Kelley intending to enter the portal, I thought I’d start a thread to keep track of all additions and departures via the portal this offseason.

I expect with a new HC and staff that the portal will be very busy both in and out, and while I know we have the recruiting threads, I feel that especially this season a separate portal thread would be somewhat beneficial and helpful for keeping track rather than having a billion “XXX Is transferring” threads.

So far we have
Out:
Jeff Sims
D Knight
J Kelley

In:

Planning on keeping this updated and such
I haven't seen any announcement that Jeff sims is transferring. I also don't remember his dad saying he was transferring.
S

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sims tweeted it himself, where you been? Unless you are asserting that entering the portal isn’t the same as transferring.

Good with it. I just hadn't seen it. I'd say entering the portal is the same as announcing he'll be transferring. He could change his mind...but that's not relevant to the discussion. There have been certain threads I've avoided, but not all of them.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I hope whoever we hire can convince him to stay. We could use him at LB

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Why would a player not declare for the portal? You can always come back. If you don't like the hire, go find another school. I predict between 15-20 players transfer and we lose about 5 commits if we hire anyone but Key. But thats the chance you take.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would a player not declare for the portal? You can always come back. If you don't like the hire, go find another school. I predict between 15-20 players transfer and we lose about 5 commits if we hire anyone but Key. But thats the chance you take.
How many are you predicting if we hire key?

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe, and I could be wrong, if you go into the portal your current school doesn’t have to bring you back. You can if they allow it but you open yourself up for that school to say no thanks and get hung out to dry.