(Poll) who will be the new uniform provider

Who will be the new uniform provider???? (Poll)

• Adidas

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Nike

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Under Armour

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Russell

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So it looks like we will be hearing who it is tomorrow morning. Thanks to those who broke the news.

jacob

Banned
Anybody that is happy its adidas just doesnt knpw anything! Almost all of their uniforms are TERRIBLE

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
Adidas is making a big push to get in the high school market, because in their words, under Armour and Nike have near cornered the collegiate market. And yet we will probably get stuck with a long term deal with a supplier that most kids don't want to wear.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Anybody that is happy its adidas just doesnt knpw anything! Almost all of their uniforms are TERRIBLE

You don't know anything about Adidas.

Nike is good in name only, and even that's debatable at this point, but they would treat us like a second tier "partner". They've got so many teams signed up there's no way they would devote resources to us, and UGA is their "Atlanta" team already. Nike might not have even come to the table with anything approaching what Adidas did. Stansbury had a relationship with Nike at Oregon State, and he said he would take less overall compensation if a partner came in with good ideas and if they were a good overall partner to promote GT as a brand. What does it say about Nike that Adidas won out?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

jacob

Banned
You don't know anything about Adidas.

Nike is good in name only, and even that's debatable at this point, but they would treat us like a second tier "partner". They've got so many teams signed up there's no way they would devote resources to us, and UGA is their "Atlanta" team already. Nike might not have even come to the table with anything approaching what Adidas did. Stansbury had a relationship with Nike at Oregon State, and he said he would take less overall compensation if a partner came in with good ideas and if they were a good overall partner to promote GT as a brand. What does it say about Nike that Adidas won out?
If you actually care about how are uniforms are gonna look then you should want nike

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
@Techster is 100% right. Adidas will put way more effort into our branding than Nike ever would. I teach HS kids and they love Adidas right now. I'm excited. And GT has final say on what unis they put us in, anyway. Anything we trot out there in has been approved by coaches. If they like it, I couldn't care less, anyway.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If you actually care about how are uniforms are gonna look then you should want nike

I do care, and I've seen a lot of recent Adidas stuff. They're actually pretty good looking and compete with Nike.

Serously, the white jerseys with gold and navy stripes on the sleaves will always be our go to uniform. Even Russell did pretty well with that. Adidas will do well, and probably with better and more advanced material.

I think when it's all said and done, GT fans will be VERY happy with Adidas...especially since they're building a facility in GA. I think they're going to put designs out that will make other fans talk about GT in a good light. Let's see what the bring us before we set the house on fire.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally, I am pretty freakin excited about it. Sure Nike is the bigger name, but adidas is kind of like us...the littler guy that is ready to put up a fight to kick ***. I think they will do well for us while for nike we would be at best anafterthought. It will be many huge steps up from russell, night and day, and I really like their shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.