Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Tristan Maxwell

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • David Didenko

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

GT_EE78

Banned
With four returning starters,this should be a good season. Let's hope to start on time and stay healthy.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Howard for most games
we may go small and move to sturtevant or Maxwell for some games with a favorable matchup or if Howard isn't everything we hope he is

slugboy

Staff member
I think Pastner will play Howard.
I'd play Moore, but the offense would look different.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
One of either Saba or Howard.

I don't see any reason we'd try and start Moses at the 5 and risk foul trouble plus defensive issues considering none of the other candidates have shown enough of an offensive benefit to make those risks worth taking to begin the game.

GT_EE78

Banned
I do expect to see some small ball with Usher at the 4. Khalid at 3 could be great!
That may help us win some OOC games if they occur.
I don't think it helps with preparation for the ACC schedule. Need bigs if they work out

bos

Helluva Engineer
It's not going to be Rodney Howard. It can't be Rodney Howard. This team will be in trouble.

bos

Helluva Engineer
out of curiosity what is it about Howard that bothers you so?

Wouldn't say anything bothers me. I just don't think he's skilled enough (yet) to be a starter. I think 5-10 mins is possible, but not more than that. I know other options aren't great either, but I think they are better. I'm hoping one of the freshmen bigs step up.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Pastner will play Howard.
I'd play Moore, but the offense would look different.
I would play freshman Moore, but last year's Moore just didn't seem effective. I expected he'd become a good starter for us, but he looked more lost than his freshmen year.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I would bet Howard starts. Thw two freshmen will get minuyes as well. While Moses can play some minutes at the 5 in certain situations I don't want him there most of the time. I do not feel that would be the best use of his talent and can lead to foul trouble. Reveno did a heck of a job with Lammers, Gueye, and Banks. I think he can do the same with the incoming bigs.

bos

Helluva Engineer
I would play freshman Moore, but last year's Moore just didn't seem effective. I expected he'd become a good starter for us, but he looked more lost than his freshmen year.

I agree. It's unfortunate he took a step down. If he is able to improve, this team will be so much better.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
After the reports of UNC going fully online after a week of in-person classes because there were 130 new CoViD19 cases on campus in 1 week, I have very little confidence there will be any Fall or Winter collegiate sports. I certainly hope they do, but I think that is going to be the death knell. Swofford is still in charge right now.

Although, upon further reflection, fully online might be better for isolating student-athletes from the general campus population and actually allow athletics to move forward. We'll see how this all plays out.