Poll - What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

• Get rid of him now, seen enough.

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Get rid of him after signing day since I'm not an upfront person.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After 2020 season (2 years)

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • After 2021 season (3 years)

Votes: 141 32.4%
  • After 2022 season (4 years)

Votes: 146 33.6%
  • After 2023 season (5 years)

Votes: 75 17.2%
  • End of contract - 2025 - 7 years

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • As long as Johnson - 11 years

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Lifetime - I'm into pain which is why I follow GT football.

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
PJ only had 5 guys on defense drafted into the NFL that he actually took part in recruiting over his 11 year tenure here. Sorry that doesn't fit your agenda, no matter what you'd like to quote.
It's exactly why 2013 was such a horrible loss. We don't get opportunities to beat the mutts very often and to choke away a 20-pt lead was unforgivable.

We'll be lucky to be within 20 after the 1st qtr this year. Our small'ish, young OL is going to get killed.
U cant make the blind not want to remai blind. They read what they want to read. U know up is down when its convenient.
Does any of this have anything to do with CGC, losing by 45 at home against VT, or being shut out at home for the first time in 60 years?

OMG, this constant theme. CPJ won with Gailey recruits. No one went in the NFL....who cares about the NFL. CPJ won with recruits Gailey could not figure out how to win with. CPJ had 2 11 win seasons. CPJ could coach and out scheme most everybody.
CPJ retired.
We are going to be 2-10 this season. It remains to be seen what our new staff can do but out of the box right now I give then an F. Maybe they get better recruits. Box 1 checked. But can they win with them....we will see next year and the year after.

Animal02

Banned
OMG, this constant theme. CPJ won with Gailey recruits. No one went in the NFL....who cares about the NFL. CPJ won with recruits Gailey could not figure out how to win with. CPJ had 2 11 win seasons. CPJ could coach and out scheme most everybody.
CPJ retired.
We are going to be 2-10 this season. It remains to be seen what our new staff can do but out of the box right now I give then an F. Maybe they get better recruits. Box 1 checked. But can they win with them....we will see next year and the year after.
When did it become part of a coach's job to put people in the NFL. I thought it was to win games and graduate players. (NFL accounts for what? 2% of all players....might as well play the lotto for your career future.)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
CPJ retired.
Recruits care about the players being put in the NFL.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Which wasn’t your point. This is like talking with my three year old.

Which was entirely my point. I bolded the word "drafted" 7x LOL. You intentionally ignore it because it disproves your St. PJ agenda. The guy wasn't a good recruiter and we're reaping the benefits. PJ literally inherited the most talented roster in GT history and couldn't even defeat the the mutts at home in 2009, a mutt team that was so bad they fired their DC...after he shut down St PJ.

You need to work on reading comprehension, even when it gets in the way of your agenda. PJ fell into a great roster and, 11 years later, left the cupboard bare.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I made it red for you since you can't seem to read your own quote.

That you couldn't figure out that it meant "drafted" is your problem, not mine. The FACT remains: PJ inherited a roster with 5 NFL draft picks on defense. It subsequently took PJ 11 years to get 5 players drafted into the NFL. I highlighted it in red in case you and Jorge missed it.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Does any of this have anything to do with CGC, losing by 45 at home against VT, or being shut out at home for the first time in 60 years?

I'll again quote myself from the previous page. It'd be helpful if people read other people's posts btw.

I'm not sold on CGC yet but am willing to give him time to get his players in place. That too doesn't excuse the below btw. But this is the most-injured, least-experienced OL we've had perhaps in our team's history. THAT still doesn't excuse crap like a delay-of-game before our first play of the game. But PJ and the TO thankfully aren't coming back. Gotta get the right type of guys on the OL before I can really pass judgement on CGC.

Me on previous page said:
Note: Nope, it doesn't excuse Citadel nor the horrible performance on Saturday. The delay of game before our first play should result in GC running 500 yards of grass drills for being that unprepared. THAT kind of crap is absolutely inexcusable, as is the continued worship of Temple.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
and loyalty arguments continue, I prefer that we compare everyone to Dodd ! Can we get a coach to win the number of games he did ? Regardless of who recruited who and who got how many in the NFL ?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
CPJ retired.

Yes, but he won 58% of his games. Only to those with low expectations of GT is that good enough. And he did not play, by far, the toughest schedules in GT history.

Carson, Pepper, curry, Ross, GO’L all had better win % vs ugag. That is the goal - beat ugag more and the ACC takes care of itself. Along with ticket sales and donations.

If 58% is considered greatness at GT now, there is no reason to go forward.

Yes, but he won 58% of his games. Only to those with low expectations of GT is that good enough. And he did not play, by far, the toughest schedules in GT history.

Carson, Pepper, curry, Ross, GO’L all had better win % vs ugag. That is the goal - beat ugag more and the ACC takes care of itself. Along with ticket sales and donations.

If 58% is considered greatness at GT now, there is no reason to go forward.

It is funny you pick 58% because that is 7-5. What CPJ averaged, What Gailey averaged, Oleary 59%, Ross 56%. As I stated earlier I believe it was Braine who said Tech would always be a 7-5 team. Funny he has been right. The difference is how you get to 7-5. Gailey did it one way and CPJ did it another. Sure we would all like better. Or would we want some really special seasons.

I need to see at least some improvement in play next season. If the offense or defense shows no improvement, I don't think that another year would be earned. 4 or 5 wins next year, or we find a new head coach.