Poll: What in state team would you like?

Since we’re not playing uga, what in state team would you want Tech to schedule?

• GA State

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • GA Southern

Votes: 30 23.6%
  • Mercer

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Kennesaw State

Votes: 15 11.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2897

None. UCF

Think about being a UCF fan - your team won’t play a full schedule for the 3rd time on the last 4 years.

They owe us and like to talk about being disrespected, so they should want to come up here and play. We should at least ask them so they can say no, LOL.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
None of these teams. They are all a step backward for us. If we add another game, get a team that will put butts in the seats somehow. Hell I’d rather play Clemson again and risk getting hammered twice in a season than to play teams like this.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
NFL isn’t playing exhibition games and neither should we. P5 or forget it.
Then let's play... oregon state, Kansas, Rutgers.

Zero point in adding a game to the schedule we can lose when seats will be limited anyways.

We do realize its season ticket holder entry this year... I'd assume 90% of the people who opt in for the seats will be there. It should go as far as requiring ID to enter for who the tickets are under. This way it limits secondary market sales as that should not happen this year.

Get us a game to tune up. We need it to work out kinks that we are behind on from a shortened spring.

I'll take mercer, Reinhardt college, Chattahooche Technical College, anything to give us a run through. If it works for Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio state, lets not act like we are better than them.

If anyone needs a warmup game its this team. To see where we are at QB, TE, LB, DT, Special Teams. It would be beneficial in many ways.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we just add another ACC game and have it not count to the standings? I’d rather play VT. I don’t want any part of playing an in-state crap team on little practice. There’s no win there.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
John Swofford is an idiot. One call to SEC, do you want to play? No, ok we will play a 10 game conference schedule. Now we’ve been embarrassed again.

Based on what I’ve seen on Reddit and elsewhere, I think this was a strong move. Everyone from uGA fans to USCe fans are now pissed off at the SEC. Hell, I even saw Tennessee fans getting upset about it.

(Whether it’s the right decision or not is another question. But either way, whether by intent or accidentally, Swofford forced the SEC into making an unpopular decision that many of the fans and schools didn’t want.)