POLL: How do you feel about Key as HFC?

Which best characterizes your view on Key as GT's new HFC? (You may pick 2 choices)

• Was my first choice for HC. LFG!

Votes: 113 29.7%
  • Not my first choice, but still see it as a strong hire. Let’s do this thing!

Votes: 151 39.6%
  • Some valid reasons why he was hired, but also many real concerns. Cautiously optimistic.

Votes: 122 32.0%
  • Very disappointed in hiring. Still have some hope I am wrong.

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Absolutely wrong decision, very pessimistic.

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Don’t Know. LFG!

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
How many of those transfers had meaningful PT with their new schools? Sure, you can turn over a roster faster, but that doesn't mean you made that roster better.
in 2021, 21% of starters were transfers into the school (ie not kids who were recruited). Most people who start getting meaningful playing time.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I officially resign from the first to hate the new coach society.
GIF by Sixt

No resigning, you were first in line, the people have spoken.

MarineScout1

Banned
I think Key will be a .500 coach, as things sit now. We could win 5 games or 7 games. It looks like we will be thin. As the season rolls, games will get tougher. Now, a lot can happen between now and next season's start. I think we will have better data, come August.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I think Key will be a .500 coach, as things sit now. We could win 5 games or 7 games. It looks like we will be thin. As the season rolls, games will get tougher. Now, a lot can happen between now and next season's start. I think we will have better data, come August.
I'm thinking he'll be a .60 coach over time, which is pretty good for GT historically, behind only Heisman, Dodd, GOL.

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
I was not a Key supporter at the beginning of the search - I wanted a clean slate. The more I hear him, the more I like him.
Today, reading an article in the AJC on Brian Snitker I came across this quote

Asked to name the most impressive aspect about Snitker, Rockies manager Bud Black said: “I think it’s a combination of who he is and what he has stood for. His loyalty to the Braves is second to none, right? He is a Brave. And I think with that, there becomes an organizational strength that he has for the organization. And that probably starts with how he feels about the players. I sense that his empathy for players, his care for the players is extremely strong. And players feel that. When you care about players, players feel that, and that makes them feel good.”

Seems to me to apply to Key as well. Hopefully, he turns out as good as Snitker.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I was not a Key supporter at the beginning of the search - I wanted a clean slate. The more I hear him, the more I like him.
Today, reading an article in the AJC on Brian Snitker I came across this quote

Asked to name the most impressive aspect about Snitker, Rockies manager Bud Black said: “I think it’s a combination of who he is and what he has stood for. His loyalty to the Braves is second to none, right? He is a Brave. And I think with that, there becomes an organizational strength that he has for the organization. And that probably starts with how he feels about the players. I sense that his empathy for players, his care for the players is extremely strong. And players feel that. When you care about players, players feel that, and that makes them feel good.”

Seems to me to apply to Key as well. Hopefully, he turns out as good as Snitker.
The Braves front office has also done just about everything in their power to build an extremely competitive team around Snitker too. He took over a really bad team in 2016, and oversaw a complete rebuild into one of the best teams in the league.

There are similarities between him and Key. But if Key doesn’t get the same kind of support from his front office (aka The Hill and GTAA), as well as the fans, his rebuild won’t go as smoothly or successfully as Snitker’s did.