Points this year...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I'd describe a healthy Heath as a less dynamic,slightly smaller Jarrett Jack.Jack was a little longer and played with a little more competitive fire but very similar styles of game IMO...disciplined,heady floor generals,good in the open court,can get into the lane and excel in transition.Neither was known for being three pointbmarksman but shot it well enough to keep defenses honest.

:wacky:

That means dumb. Because that statement is ****ing stupid. All your claims of knowledge are complete horse ****.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
:wacky:

That means dumb. Because that statement is ****ing stupid. All your claims of knowledge are complete horse ****.
I truly love it...and look forward to proving you wrong,fast forward to the NBA Vegas summer league Josh Heath trying to make a roster coming off a big year...bank on it.

Matt O'Reilly

Georgia Tech Fan
I truly love it...and look forward to proving you wrong,fast forward to the NBA Vegas summer league Josh Heath trying to make a roster coming off a big year...bank on it.

This has got to be a joke and I'm now going to stop just reading and have to comment on this. I worked as a student for GT basketball and can tell you from personally working practices and knowing Josh as a friend that is just isn't in the cards. He is a decent ball handler at best and probably his best shot is that floater down the lane but in no way shape or form can be put in the same sentence as Jarrett Jack and to say he will be playing in the NBA summer league is laughable.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This has got to be a joke and I'm now going to stop just reading and have to comment on this. I worked as a student for GT basketball and can tell you from personally working practices and knowing Josh as a friend that is just isn't in the cards. He is a decent ball handler at best and probably his best shot is that floater down the lane but in no way shape or form can be put in the same sentence as Jarrett Jack and to say he will be playing in the NBA summer league is laughable.

Think about the level of crazy town comment it took for this gent, who's been a silent member since 2013, to post a comment.

I like Josh Heath as a serviceable back-up and would love to see him in position to take that midrange jumper after a drive more often, but his above average A/TO ratio probably has a lot to do with the fact he's the biggest overdribbler at GT since Travis Best, only with no where near the scoring prowess.

In other news, it was recently mentioned in an article somewhere that Heath plans to pursue coaching like his father.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Think about the level of crazy town comment it took for this gent, who's been a silent member since 2013, to post a comment.

I like Josh Heath as a serviceable back-up and would love to see him in position to take that midrange jumper after a drive more often, but his above average A/TO ratio probably has a lot to do with the fact he's the biggest overdribbler at GT since Travis Best, only with no where near the scoring prowess.

In other news, it was recently mentioned in an article somewhere that Heath plans to pursue coaching like his father.
All I ask for is honesty if and when he produces...I will be the first to raise my hand and say I'm wrong if he doesnt.I hope you all have the integrity to do the same...we'll see lol.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If and when that happens I'll gladly admit to being wrong. However, I rarely am, so I'm not worried about having to do it.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Message from crazytown...less dynamic usually means not as good...usually simpletons...your just reaching and grabbing to be contrary...pathetic...add slightly smaller to less dynamic and do the math...#shouldidummyeverythingdown #remedialbasketballforthevisuallyimpaired

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Your just a hater Peacone because I write confidently and your intimidated by anyone that's rivals your so called rarely wrong knowledge...your a punk...period...I've never attacked opinions with the venom that you do...you can disagree all u want but your an absolute arrogant punk period...you will look like a complete as whole when this is over...an arrogant punk as whole lol.can't wait till tip off of game one...ill be all over every sentence you write .

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Your just a hater Peacone because I write confidently and your intimidated by anyone that's rivals your so called rarely wrong knowledge...your a punk...period...I've never attacked opinions with the venom that you do...you can disagree all u want but your an absolute arrogant punk period...you will look like a complete as whole when this is over...an arrogant punk as whole lol.can't wait till tip off of game one...ill be all over every sentence you write .

Well, I think each one of us, if we're honest, will admit that we are "complete as whole," almost by definition.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

They aren't opinions. You're a troll. I'm not intimidated by opinions on the Internet. I'm offended by rampant stupidity. I am arrogant when it comes to my opinion. I've said as much in the past. In regards to being all over me, bring a lunch.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Here's a few names for you showing a players stats or even his actual play aren't totally indicative of there potential to play professionally after college...Here's a handful of past Tech players who statistically didn't amount to much but developed and became professionals whether for brief instincts in the NBA or oversees...no one would have thought they'd amount to much...Ivano Newbil,Eddie Elisma,Anthony McHenry,Mario West,Kammeon most recently...didn't dazzle anyone...but could play a roll and do it well enough to get a look.I brought this point up to open the eyes of the people that think Heath isn't capable...and thoughts of him garnering some professional pay for play opportunities is very much a reality.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All I ask for is honesty if and when he produces...I will be the first to raise my hand and say I'm wrong if he doesnt.I hope you all have the integrity to do the same...we'll see lol.

Produces what? He should've been producing more last season and there's no reason he shouldn't be producing 5 of those mid-range shots/game this season, at minimum. In every game chat, I complimented those and clamored for more because it's a great change of pace & he makes them. Instead, he overdribbles and defers late in the shot clock. If he didn't have that habit, MGH may never have supplanted him as starting PG.

Can he produce 8pts, 4asts each game? Yes & he should given the available oppty for everyone to produce more. Should've been producing that last season.

I'll certainly be rooting for Heath to do well because A) he's a Jacket, B) seems like a really good kid, and C) we need the help.

That said, I'm not going to have to be honest about **** if you're asking me to change my tune when he ends being up a poor man's Jarrett Jack. That ain't happening. If there was any indication that Tadric was picking up the system better, we'd probably be best served starting him as primary ballhandler (similar to MGH last season) and making sure Okogie & C-Matt get as many minutes as possible, contracting Heath's minutes further.

Side note - pretty sure Heath has been held out of summer practices to date following his surgery, so he's already behind in learning the new system.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry. I have difficulty believing that someone predicting 80 ppg is serious. I also find it hard to believe people are taking him seriously. We'll see.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we have the natural scorers to reach 80ppg as an average over the course of a season. I think we can get there some games, especially OOC, but I think we'll have a hard time scoring in league games.

All this being said, I think we need to stop with the posturing and name calling. All that does is rile up the moderators. Regardless of who started it, I believe we're all hoping what @coolhaji33 is predicting comes true. I think any of us would be glad to be wrong, because that would mean our guys were successful scoring.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Produces what? He should've been producing more last season and there's no reason he shouldn't be producing 5 of those mid-range shots/game this season, at minimum. In every game chat, I complimented those and clamored for more because it's a great change of pace & he makes them. Instead, he overdribbles and defers late in the shot clock. If he didn't have that habit, MGH may never have supplanted him as starting PG.

Can he produce 8pts, 4asts each game? Yes & he should given the available oppty for everyone to produce more. Should've been producing that last season.

I'll certainly be rooting for Heath to do well because A) he's a Jacket, B) seems like a really good kid, and C) we need the help.

That said, I'm not going to have to be honest about **** if you're asking me to change my tune when he ends being up a poor man's Jarrett Jack. That ain't happening. If there was any indication that Tadric was picking up the system better, we'd probably be best served starting him as primary ballhandler (similar to MGH last season) and making sure Okogie & C-Matt get as many minutes as possible, contracting Heath's minutes further.

Side note - pretty sure Heath has been held out of summer practices to date following his surgery, so he's already behind in learning the new system.
I see what you call over dribbling...not giving up his dribble which I deem a strength.We could go back and forth about what he's done,what he's capable of or what he'll do next year.Fact...he's practicing with the team not full speed..."getting back to running as fast as I can"...ahead of course in regards to being ready for fall practice..."the pain in my hip is gone,now I just have to strengthen my leg again"...stationary 4 weeks...he looks more muscular through the shoulders and chest and sounds like a "senior".He says he's had hip problems since high school...I believe the hip brought on a hernia at one point...Ill digress...needless to say I'm excited about seeing him healthy.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sorry. I have difficulty believing that someone predicting 80 ppg is serious. I also find it hard to believe people are taking him seriously. We'll see.
There going to play fast...there OOC will inflate the #...it is what it is...I'm a realist though understanding that against teams that can score it on us will force us to play a more deliberate style where we'll lack the opportunities we'd get in a fast breaking up tempo attack.There's really no oargument,CJP has already stated there going to play fast...there deep etc etc...they'll have to get stops to get the tempo going
I wouldn't be surprised if Tad gets a lot of time at the point...something that would allow more minutes for Okogie,Matthews,Price and Kellen...guys I'd rather have on the floor over Heyward and at this stage Moore.
I basically stated that thought about Tad...but not as the primary ball handler.I think once Heath is substituted for you may see Tad slide over as the back up.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope Heath is healthy and does much better this year. If the surgery gives him some added explosion that would be great - really helpful for him to get that half step to make a play. I would point out that CJP specifically went to drills to facilitate rapid ball movement as a fix for issues he saw in the film last year. It wasn't just Heath that dribbled too much - there were multiple offenders - but he was one of the more severe offenders (at least IMHO). As a team i hope CJP instills an approach that moves the ball a lot more than we did last year - Heath included. That will mean a lot more motion in the offense and less just dumping the ball to the post - which we likely can't do anyway.

I'll even give Heath some of a pass for last year and say he was trying to fit into a more "static" system but he is going to have to give the ball up a lot quicker this year and the rest of the team is going to have to move a lot more and a lot quicker.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There going to play fast...there OOC will inflate the #...it is what it is...I'm a realist though understanding that against teams that can score it on us will force us to play a more deliberate style where we'll lack the opportunities we'd get in a fast breaking up tempo attack.There's really no oargument,CJP has already stated there going to play fast...there deep etc etc...they'll have to get stops to get the tempo going

I basically stated that thought about Tad...but not as the primary ball handler.I think once Heath is substituted for you may see Tad slide over as the back up.

I understand that CPast prefers up tempo. You projected us as being a top 25 off in ppg when we play a season vs ACC Ds. CPast didn't average 80ppg with higher rated players vs lesser competition last year.

I get optimism, but that projection suggests to me an understanding of ncaa basketball comparable to the use of your and there homonyms in your posts. Jmo

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope Heath is healthy and does much better this year. If the surgery gives him some added explosion that would be great - really helpful for him to get that half step to make a play. I would point out that CJP specifically went to drills to facilitate rapid ball movement as a fix for issues he saw in the film last year. It wasn't just Heath that dribbled too much - there were multiple offenders - but he was one of the more severe offenders (at least IMHO). As a team i hope CJP instills an approach that moves the ball a lot more than we did last year - Heath included. That will mean a lot more motion in the offense and less just dumping the ball to the post - which we likely can't do anyway.

I'll even give Heath some of a pass for last year and say he was trying to fit into a more "static" system but he is going to have to give the ball up a lot quicker this year and the rest of the team is going to have to move a lot more and looa lot quicker.
What you said about gaining a little explosion and something Heath said "stamina"...make a world of difference...I saw that Pastner noted vast improvement moving the ball from there first session in April to now notably Okogie and cmat...he also used phrases like playing with "intense,decisive burst" and I think that pertained to the outlet,fast break early offense approach...swinging the ball,bang,bang,inside out..no dribbling...that style plays to our "lack of strengths" offensively and gets us clean scoring looks over trying to grind out offense in the half court.
I feel the same way on last year took...especially if he as dinged up as he says.Ill be honest as much as I like Heath I was OK with the MGH move...I felt he was most dangerous with the ball in his hands attacking...it allowed us to play Smith,Q and Tad more so it made sense.After watching that early season Nova game they looked pretty good with Heath in there.hoping for the best...