Please GT, get a new PA music person.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Better yet, just get rid of the position. Pay some work study frosh to load the pregame video, have the Glee club sing the Alma mater, and leave the rest to the band.

It’s a good thing people like you aren’t in charge or our recruiting ranking would be dead last. Some of you, and probably due to age, not incompetence, simply don’t get it.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds awesome, as long as the DJ is in the band. But not under the band director.

And no pre-made anything. Live mixing or bust!

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
As with most things at GT, we are our own worst enemy when it comes to game day experience.

I really like the band playing, but I can also enjoy the piped in music when it's played at the right time. That's the issue though, lately the band and the PA guy are not coordinated, and when the PA comes on over the band it's the worst.

One person should be producing/directing the game day experience and they should be in charge of cueing the band AND the PA. However, if this person exists (doubtful), they suck and should be replaced. We could definitely do a lot better with this.

It’s a good thing people like you aren’t in charge or our recruiting ranking would be dead last. Some of you, and probably due to age, not incompetence, simply don’t get it.
You surely can't think that the stadium PA man does even a half-way decent job. The only game this year that he played decent, crowd-stirring music was the Miami game. All the other games were garbage.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
We have a perfectly good band, who should have more opportunities to play for the crowd.*

There is a time and place for the PA stuff, but drowning out a "YELLOW... JACKETS..." cheer is DEFINITELY not one of them!

*Full disclosure - I am a band alum and am not impartial.

Agree 100%, this is what I'm talking about in terms of there needing to be someone who is watching the game and the crowd and can coordinate everything with the band and PA to maximize the crowd experience.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Better yet, just get rid of the position. Pay some work study frosh to load the pregame video, have the Glee club sing the Alma mater, and leave the rest to the band.
If you think that's going to happen you haven't looked into Geoff Collins [emoji23]

Not saying we don't need a new PA that knows when and when not to play.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"