Playing with the right attitude

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by IronJacket7, Jan 13, 2014.

1. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

2. Yoda

Yoda Helluva Engineer

12-0

3. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

Sounds a little like this guy:

[​IMG]

4. alaguy

alaguy Helluva Engineer

hmmm ---Is Duke Johnson going pro?

5. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Only a Sophomore.

6. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

Hope Synjyn is right. Would love to see him finish his career at Tech on a high note. He has been one of my favorites since he has been here.

jwsavhGT, Em_Jae20 and Buzzmaster like this.
  7. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

He appears to be very strong and athletic. It also appears, he has not played that much, only sporadic. I would not put that kind of athlete in a position to play sporadically; he would be contributing on a regular basis somewhere on my team.

Em_Jae20 likes this.
  8. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

He had the 2nd most carries for A backs with 27...he was on the field a good bit. was a very good blocker this year.

augustabuzz likes this.
  9. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

He is our best returning blocker IMO.

augustabuzz and Dustman like this.
  10. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

I've always tought Synjyn should have played safety or LB. Just has that nasty enforcer attitude you want on defense. Was offered as a safety by other schools.

11. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

Maybe he knows something that we don't know. All of the negative speculation has been for naught.

jwsavhGT likes this.
  12. techman78

Synjyn always appears to be in high spirits when you see him on the sidelines and he always seems to be trying to pick his teammates up instead of setting on the bench with his arms crossed staring at the ground. We need more players like him.

vamosjackets, jwsavhGT and John like this.
  13. Boomergump

Boomergump Moderator Staff Member

Synjyn will have a good year for us next season. I feel sure of that. Don't look for him to juke as many people out of their jocks as Godhigh did. He will pound it though, and continue to block like a banshee. He can catch too. East West running is not his thing though. He needs to get turned up field. When he does, he is a plus runner.

techman78, augustabuzz and bat_082994 like this.
  14. Dustman

Dustman Helluva Engineer

15. techman78

I too think he will have a break out type of season. Im sure he will be trying to be a true team leader and hopefully he will break off some nice runs and catches as well. Cant help but wonder what might have been if he didnt have the ball security issues. Could have surely been Nesbitt 2.0

16. SidewalkJacket

SidewalkJacket Helluva Engineer

Perfect example of why I love this site is how this thread is currently going on another site. Would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

\thread derail.

Back to Synjyn talk.

vamosjackets likes this.
  17. alaguy

alaguy Helluva Engineer

I thought Syn would be the horse this yr.
    But in watching,I saw two real problems--the most serious is that he doesn't have real speed.I remember a couple of times where he couldn't outrun a LB to the corner.He has little "wiggle" so he needs the speed. Maybe he is concentrating on not fumbling(once a big problem) that he can't explode.
    The other problem is just experience-what to do as an Aback.I remember he ran a wrong routes and another he didn't pick up the pass block option(what a surprise).With all the Abacks,didn't get lots of exp I thought.

18. pckl300

pckl300 Jolly Good Fellow

With his size and athleticism, I'd honestly like to see him at BB or back at QB. We've been missing a grinder-type guy that can pick up the tough yards. Glad he's staying positive.

19. Boomergump

Boomergump Moderator Staff Member

I think Synjin is at his best running in the trash. He can jump, hurdle, side step, and lower his shoulder with the best of them, especially when navigating through traffic. True, he lacks elite speed to STRETCH the field. His biggest problem is making cuts while running at full speed east and west. He is good for the position.

augustabuzz likes this.