Playing with the right attitude

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
synjyn tweet.PNG

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
He appears to be very strong and athletic. It also appears, he has not played that much, only sporadic. I would not put that kind of athlete in a position to play sporadically; he would be contributing on a regular basis somewhere on my team.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
He appears to be very strong and athletic. It also appears, he has not played that much, only sporadic. I would not put that kind of athlete in a position to play sporadically; he would be contributing on a regular basis somewhere on my team.

He had the 2nd most carries for A backs with 27...he was on the field a good bit. was a very good blocker this year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've always tought Synjyn should have played safety or LB. Just has that nasty enforcer attitude you want on defense. Was offered as a safety by other schools.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Synjyn will have a good year for us next season. I feel sure of that. Don't look for him to juke as many people out of their jocks as Godhigh did. He will pound it though, and continue to block like a banshee. He can catch too. East West running is not his thing though. He needs to get turned up field. When he does, he is a plus runner.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Synjyn will have a good year for us next season. I feel sure of that. Don't look for him to juke as many people out of their jocks as Godhigh did. He will pound it though, and continue to block like a banshee. He can catch too. East West running is not his thing though. He needs to get turned up field. When he does, he is a plus runner.
I too think he will have a break out type of season. Im sure he will be trying to be a true team leader and hopefully he will break off some nice runs and catches as well. Cant help but wonder what might have been if he didnt have the ball security issues. Could have surely been Nesbitt 2.0

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Perfect example of why I love this site is how this thread is currently going on another site. Would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

\thread derail.

Back to Synjyn talk.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I thought Syn would be the horse this yr.
But in watching,I saw two real problems--the most serious is that he doesn't have real speed.I remember a couple of times where he couldn't outrun a LB to the corner.He has little "wiggle" so he needs the speed. Maybe he is concentrating on not fumbling(once a big problem) that he can't explode.
The other problem is just experience-what to do as an Aback.I remember he ran a wrong routes and another he didn't pick up the pass block option(what a surprise).With all the Abacks,didn't get lots of exp I thought.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
With his size and athleticism, I'd honestly like to see him at BB or back at QB. We've been missing a grinder-type guy that can pick up the tough yards. Glad he's staying positive.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Synjin is at his best running in the trash. He can jump, hurdle, side step, and lower his shoulder with the best of them, especially when navigating through traffic. True, he lacks elite speed to STRETCH the field. His biggest problem is making cuts while running at full speed east and west. He is good for the position.