Playing Time for Jordan Yates

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yep, Patanaude needs to rotate 4 QBs.

:cigar:

Honestly, at this point, I'd give Yates a healthy dose of PT for the next three games and sit him against uga. It's obvious TO's days as QB are numbered, and LJ doesn't seem to be making any real traction in winning more PT, so getting the QB of the future ready should be a priority. (With the possible exception being if we are close/winning against NCSU)

We've already sacrificed this season on the alter of rebuilding, so we may as well try and prepare the best QB on the roster to take over this offense.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Just thinks it’s dumb to announce our True Frosh QB is going to get meaningful playing time. Hurts Graham confidence and shows our hand.

I hear ya, but it isn't like there is any film on Yates in our offense. As for Graham, I don't think we want him thinking he's got the job wrapped up going into next year.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I hear ya, but it isn't like there is any film on Yates in our offense. As for Graham, I don't think we want him thinking he's got the job wrapped up going into next year.
Hate and hurts to say but Graham is going to switch positions or transfer next year. Imo Gleason and Yates are on another level.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Just thinks it’s dumb to announce our True Frosh QB is going to get meaningful playing time. Hurts Graham confidence and shows our hand.

In the end, JGs confidence will have to adjust being passed on the ATL PT matrix or whatever you call the non-depth chart we have. Same as LJ had to deal with when he was passed. If Graham has "bought in" to the ATL juice system we're currently running with our elite athletes, then he should be okay with an ATL Yates getting some snaps to learn the system.

In all seriousness, Graham has to know that unless he gets a lot better really fast Yates is going to pass him next year. I see CDP talking about it as reaching out to the fans and saying something like "We know you've been disappointed in the QB play, but we've got a 4* DT QB on our bench learning our system from scratch. Be Patient."