Players losing trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
To lose a 20 point lead to the team that has owned you for over a decade certainly doesn't help the morale in the locker room. The players have lost trust and Johnson looks like a defeated man now on the sidelines.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
+1

I would venture to guess that PJ is much softer than we think. His public persona is one thing but his teams don't see to play with an edge or a nastiness. Could you EVER forsee George O'Leary bringing a freaking ice cream truck onto the practice field during camp? Further illustrates that potentially he is softer on the guys than he appears.

I think like other people have said depends on what you want out of the football program, GOL would have probably been more successful at tech than PJ if he stayed longer but did he do everything the right way? Or care that much about academics? Prob not. So you are sacrificing academic integrity fit athletics which people will fight about forever.

I think what we need is someone like brian Gregory who is likable/good recruiter but a better x and o guy than Gregory, or at least has a good offensive coord.

Matt E

GT Athlete
I think like other people have said depends on what you want out of the football program, GOL would have probably been more successful at tech than PJ if he stayed longer but did he do everything the right way? Or care that much about academics? Prob not. So you are sacrificing academic integrity fit athletics which people will fight about forever.

I think what we need is someone like brian Gregory who is likable/good recruiter but a better x and o guy than Gregory, or at least has a good offensive coord.

With all of the challenges we face in recruiting we need someone who can really sell the program to recruits, radio hosts, high school coaches, etc.

Ben Jones

Georgia Tech Fan
We need the Fridge as our OC. Pipe dream, I know, but he loves GT. This offense is BORING to watch and we can't lure elite athletes to want to run it. That is a fact. PJ has reached a plateau plain and simple.

Just answer this...how many Big games did PJ win at Navy? One. Notre Dame.

He struggles with the social aspect of being a coach and his ego ... Well, you know.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Some good options

1. Phillip Montgomery
2. Tim Deruyter
3. Chad Morris
4. Jim McElwain

Wild cards
Goose.
Pep Hamilton

Ben Jones

Georgia Tech Fan
We also need Glenn Spencer back in some capacity. Former black watch member and great recruiter

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Wow, so this thread is going down a rabbit hole of rumors and irrational thoughts sprinkled with drama and has now turned into a completely different thread altogether so I'm going to save everyone time by locking this thread to prevent further beating of a dead horse.

It's also very unfortunately that some of you guys can't vote multiple times in this thread.

As far as rumors are concerned, it's not a big deal to discuss them but when you start your own rumors and/or use unsubstantiated rumors to support your own viewpoint regardless of whether it is positive or negative, that's where it really crosses the line and makes things very difficult to discuss. Please keep this in mind.

With that said, I think this post sums up the various topics in this thread very well:
Grass always looks greener on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.