Play of the game.......

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
In the first quarter Nick Chubb breaks for a 65 yard touchdown. In years past, we would have pulled up and watched him run in. But this team does not know the meaning of quit. Demond Smith hustles from his linebacker position and swipes his feet to hold him up for a brief second so that Chris Milton (who was also hustling from the other side of the field) could knock him out at the two.

Two plays later Chubb - who was obviously tired from the long run, fumbles the ball. IMHO if ugag sticks it in right there, we might lose the game. Another great "no quit" play that has defined this team and this season.

I am so proud of this team! IT IS GREAT TO BE A YELLOW JACKET!

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
In the first quarter Nick Chubb breaks for a 65 yard touchdown. In years past, we would have pulled up and watched him run in. But this team does not know the meaning of quit. Demond Smith hustles from his linebacker position and swipes his feet to hold him up for a brief second so that Chris Milton (who was also hustling from the other side of the field) could knock him out at the two.

Two plays later Chubb - who was obviously tired from the long run, fumbles the ball. IMHO if ugag sticks it in right there, we might lose the game. Another great "no quit" play that has defined this team and this season.

I am so proud of this team! IT IS GREAT TO BE A YELLOW JACKET!
Agreed. If there is no hustle to knock him out at the 2, then no fumble and they have 7 on the board. That's why I refuse to call their fumble at the goal line a "lucky break". We make the break happen by hustling down there and stopping the 65 yard run from being a 67 yard TD run.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
My don't quit award goes to IJ, somebody I've criticized throughout the year, came up big several times today. The one that sticks out in my mind is the tackle he made on the placekicker during the fake kick play. He kept him out of the endzone and later, our D forced a FG. Kudos to IJ for a great play and a great game!

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
My don't quit award goes to IJ, somebody I've criticized throughout the year, came up big several times today. The one that sticks out in my mind is the tackle he made on the placekicker during the fake kick play. He kept him out of the endzone and later, our D forced a FG. Kudos to IJ for a great play and a great game!
I was going to mention that hit on the kicker. Not only did they end up settling for a field goal in the end, it was quite a bone crunching hit.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan

IJ has quietly shaped into a pretty good safety this year. He's had a number of big hits, breakups, and picks. He was great in run support today. He was making beelines to the ball carrier and wrapping up.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
A few more thoughts on the game:

1. Go and watch the effort Demond Smith and Chris Milton give running down Chubb. Demond is running so hard his head is bobbing up and down. He looks like his life depends on catching Chubb. You have to love that effort. We played like our hair was on fire all day long. But that passion was always under control, so that we made very few boneheaded plays.

2. I have no doubt that if there would have been another "body slam" like there was in 2012, this team would have responded with physical violence. I believe the reason the mutts didn't try that kind of crap is they knew this team was different than in years past. Our players walked into that stadium like we meant business. We had an attitude. And the mutts knew it. Our Oline had their way with their Dline all day long. We were the more physical team, and I think for a change their players feared what we could do to them. I LOVED IT!

3. If anyone would have told me that we would have lost Smelter in the first half, Days in the second half, and that JT would have had a rough day, AND WE STILL WOULD HAVE WON, I would have asked what they were smoking. It just goes to show how hard we played and how much we wanted to win.

4. This has to be my favorite Tech team of all time. I have been watching GT football since the late 70's. I was in school in 1990 and I went to so many memorable games that year. I was at the Citrus Bowl and saw us win the MNC! But this team is my favorite because what they did was a complete surprise to almost everyone. The improvement this team made from the Wofford game is unbelievable. We don't even look like the same team. Hats off to the players and the coaches. I may have lost faith in them after the GSU game, but they NEVER stopped believing in themselves.

And as always - win or lose - IT IS GREAT TO BE A YELLOW JACKET!