Play By Play Scrimmage Notes

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
upload_2013-8-11_21-40-12.png

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like the defense was choosing the QB to force the BB give and using the LB to plug the middle. This scheme means the LBs would not fly to the outside like LSU. I was wondering why our LBs looked slow in comparison to LSU in getting to the outside LOS, but the reason was due to the scheme difference.

This is supported by the large number of BB yards. I would think this scheme would open up the rocket toss.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure thaf scrimmages don't nec reflect scheme as much as what the coaches want to see, what p l layers they want to stress or plays they want to e,phasize.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
3 or 4 screen passes to the Bback. I wonder if that's a new emphasis this year? I wish we'd run that roll out pass to the Bback like we did in the Sun Bowl. That seems unstoppable to me. It counters off Aback motion, which gets the defense leaning/running the wrong way, then gives Vad the run/pass option on the roll out. The lone defender is forced to choose between picking the wide open bback or coming up to play the qb.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
3 or 4 screen passes to the Bback. I wonder if that's a new emphasis this year? I wish we'd run that roll out pass to the Bback like we did in the Sun Bowl. That seems unstoppable to me. It counters off Aback motion, which gets the defense leaning/running the wrong way, then gives Vad the run/pass option on the roll out. The lone defender is forced to choose between picking the wide open bback or coming up to play the qb.

I think that situation is only a function of the particular play the D is running. I think a zone pass-D would have the B-Back covered.