1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Planned Parenthood Funding?

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by AE 87, Jan 24, 2017.

1. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

OK, so I just want to discuss a topic raised by an obviously opinionated video. It focuses on only one question rather than many.

Still, given the Hyde Amendment, how do you react to federal support of Planned Parenthood in light of this video?

Whiskey_Clear and vamosjackets like this.
  2. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

The fact that my tax money is being used to fund murder......well let's just say I'm not pleased. It's one thing to legalize it. It's another matter altogether to force me to pay for them. That is the government trampling all over my religious beliefs.

3. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

This ^^^^ whether for religious beliefs or not.

bwelbo and Whiskey_Clear like this.
  4. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

I really don't have strong feelings one way of the other but our tax money goes to things that individually we don't like i.e. more military spending for some folks. We don't get to pick and choose how our tax money is spent. Again I not for nor against PP being funded and I'm not going down that rabbit hole just to be clear. ;)

5. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Right. However, congress has passed a law not to fund abortions. The fact that liberals use lies to create loopholes like pp and aca is a different issue than the one you (and others) raise.

6. alentrekin

alentrekin Helluva Engineer

To make sure the obvious is obvious, aca is a law that Congress passed.

7. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Right, as is funding of PP. However, when discussing the funding of PP, liberals lie and talk about womens' health care as if abortions were just a small part if what they do.

When the president promoted the aca, he said that there would not be funding of abortions. However, complaints about the congressman who yelled, "You lie!" got more press than the fact ACA has fed government subsidizing plans that cover abortions.

Milwaukee, Whiskey_Clear and bwelbo like this.
  8. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

The Hyde Amendment has to be passed every year with a new budget.
    Planned Parenthood is funded in part by tax money but no tax money allowed for abortions per Hyde.
    Republicans will probably be able to defund PP for fiscal year 2018. ( my opinion and probably not worth a plug nickle)
    And yeah, ACA is a congressional act and passed SCOTUS challenges for the most part. Republicans will eliminate
    ACA when they find the political courage which so far is not in sight. Nobody wants to "own" what will emerge
    if ACA is repealed.

9. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

Apparently they removed "prenatal care" from their website after getting busted.

I think PP should be split into two:
    - abortion-only
    - planning-only, which would do contraceptions including vasectomy, STD testing/treatment, etc.

Of course it won't happen, because, then, it would be transparent who is supporting abortion...

Eastman likes this.
  10. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

11. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3306766/ultrasound-scan-twin-girls-kiss-in-womb-picture/

These two "parasites" are not kissing. They are not viable lives and thus can't kiss. It is obviously just an exhibition of suckling instinct and not a kiss......wait they aren't alive yet thus they can't exhibit instinctual behavior, or any behavior at all for that matter.....Just abort these images from your memory and move on....nothing to see here.

12. grandpa jacket

grandpa jacket Helluva Engineer

Bingo, i would like to see a law that anyone who gets an abortion be on a public registry. Then the right wing hypocrits would wet their pants.

13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

So much random hate.

14. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

From whom? Seems to be plenty to go around from where I sit.

15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Is that a rhetorical question? I was referring to the personal insults.

16. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Well, the Senate rejected a bill that outlawed most abortions after 20 weeks (there were exceptions to it). Well, to be more specific, the Democrats filibustered the bill, as it would have passed with a majority of the votes.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/us/politics/senate-abortion-ban-20-weeks.html

This was not about embryos and fetuses, this is about unborn babies that are old enough to now survive outside their mother.

So this is essentially what the Democrats are for:
    * Taking metal forceps and dismembering unborn babies over 20 weeks. Ripping off their limbs one by one, while they are still alive is of no bother.
    * For unborn babies after 25 weeks, they are in favor of stabbing that baby in the brain or heart with a fatal dose of poison, which will set off a heart attack.

Somewhere around 12,000 abortions are executed every year after 20 weeks, the vast majority of which are elective. (According to the CDC.)

It is crazy that in this day and age with all the medical technology we have now (3D lifelike images, etc.) that anybody could filibuster such a bill, much less vote against it. This is either:
    * Denial of science.
    * Pure evil.

In fact, only 7 countries in the entire world allow elective abortions after 20 weeks. They are the United States, China, North Korea, Singapore, Vietnam, The Netherlands, and Canada.

17. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

I want to know what the scientific consensus is on if a 20 week fetus is a life or not. If 98% say yes will the pro choice AGW fanatics change course?:rolleyes:

18. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I know that was tongue in cheek, but science doesn't depend on consensus. If a baby can survive outside the womb, we can see with our eyes that it is a living breathing human being. So the 20 weeks is a round number close enough to where a baby can live if born early. Absent any politics or emotion, that seems to me to be the bare minimum standard with which you define yourself as a follower of Satan or not.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  19. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

From the moment of conception, there exists a new living (it's biology not chemistry, not physics) human being. That's the science.

Setting any other criteria for whether he or she receives right requires imposing a religio-philosophical standard.

20. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned