PJ Davis comment on practice

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not on twitter. I think its cool though and have nothing against it. In the context of college football players and recruits? I think it shouldn't be taken seriously at all. I remember when Vad committed to Tech, and boards were freaking out over his "I got doubts now" tweets..."oh oh! what does it mean? Is he going to decommit?!" Yea, that's stupid.

Twitter should be taken for what it is, a platform that allows you to share 140 characters. Things get misconstrued, taken out of context, and generally garbled.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
e31.jpg

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
You know who was super, duper positive this time last year? Vad Lee. I'm sure if you took a look back at twitter posts you'd be wildly optimistic.

I'm not saying its true across the board, but with a mouthpiece like twitter (and other social media) combined with people slobbering over everything they tweet or say, then you're going to have lots and lots of BS strewn about.

Talk is cheap.

Amen-THE man just called it.
Also, that brings up a question to me. WHEN did Vad "turn-off" and start sliding out of the idea of being QB here?
-the only thing that I noticed that he caught a lot of grief over fumbling in the uM game when we had them reeling a bit.It seems that he never ran hard after that.He was so concentrating
on not fumbling that he quit really bulling through and maybe he lost his heart to achieve and then to win and then to play here..

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
dressedcheeseid: Personally, I have said it before and will say it again, "I think there were problems on the team last year between some of the players and some frustration among some of the players with some of the coaches decisions. I think most of the players will be on the same page this year, but it would not surprise me to see some frustrated players, if the rate of substitutions in the games does not increase.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
same ****, different year. "We're really working this year", "we're a true team this year", "this year is going to be different", "Shock the world"
Would you rather read player tweets that say "I've got tempered expectations this season"?

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Vad was a very vocal leader on and off the field and constantly spoke positively about the team.
Justin barely talks, so what does that mean overall ??
Vad is gone, live and let live.

Not calling you a liar, but where do you get this "Justin barely talks" factoid?

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Plus we are stronger, faster, better conditioned, and our offensive line is the best we have ever had.

On that note, just read in the AJC (i actually read the printed newspaper!) that PJ was NOT HAPPY with the offense at all. The line is still marginal and perimeter blocking was atrocious. On the upside, he had high praise for Roof's defense. Apparently those guys are flying all over the field and making plays.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Funny how NOBODY is actually saying this. Well.... almost nobody. Players..... nope. Fans.... nope. Coaches.... nope. Guys who love to dig on the program..... ding, ding, ding!

"Dig" on our program. Right. This whole thread kicked off because you made some absurd suggestion and inference off a single tweet by one player. The "dig" isn't on the program, or the players that tweet (kids will be kids after all), the "dig" is on fans like you over analyzing tweets from a teenager. The irony of the whole situation is that the tweet you reference, players have tweeted the same crap every year. Every single year. In fact, pick up your phone...

-open calendar
-go to year 2015
-select April 7th
-then add "Same ****, different year" with reminder.
-Make it an "all day" event so you can spend lots of time on twitter

In fact, can we ask the webmaster to archive this thread? We can resurrect it next year, with player's names redacted, and not miss a beat.

The amount of tweets on this board, good god. the wm should just install an aggregator plug in and call it a day.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
"Dig" on our program. Right. This whole thread kicked off because you made some absurd suggestion and inference off a single tweet by one player. The "dig" isn't on the program, or the players that tweet (kids will be kids after all), the "dig" is on fans like you over analyzing tweets from a teenager. The irony of the whole situation is that the tweet you reference, players have tweeted the same crap every year. Every single year. In fact, pick up your phone...

-open calendar
-go to year 2015
-select April 7th
-then add "Same ****, different year" with reminder.
-Make it an "all day" event so you can spend lots of time on twitter

In fact, can we ask the webmaster to archive this thread? We can resurrect it next year, with player's names redacted, and not miss a beat.

The amount of tweets on this board, good god. the wm should just install an aggregator plug in and call it a day.
Wrong. The kid made a very specific comment about how good it is that the team is on the same page and pulling in the same direction. It's pretty plain to me someone doesn't say this if it's been the status quo for some time. The obvious conclusion to draw is that it hasn't been. It's fine if you disagree, but don't presume to tell me what to think or to express my thoughts on this board.

Then you go on to imply the whole world is proclaiming sunshine and roses about GT football when nothing could be further from the truth. All that says to me is somebody desperate to find a problem where none exists. LOL.