PJ Davis comment on practice

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Quit making Vad the scapegoat, and lets move on already.
Hey, I'm just starting a conversation based on a player's very recent comment. I could be way off base or I could be right on the money. Like you say, it doesn't matter who's fault it was anyway, but it's glad to see the team mojo back. Typically, if the team mojo ain't there, you have to look at your team leaders. Hmmm.....

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
You know who was super, duper positive this time last year? Vad Lee. I'm sure if you took a look back at twitter posts you'd be wildly optimistic.

I'm not saying its true across the board, but with a mouthpiece like twitter (and other social media) combined with people slobbering over everything they tweet or say, then you're going to have lots and lots of BS strewn about.

Talk is cheap.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Vad was a very vocal leader on and off the field and constantly spoke positively about the team.
Justin barely talks, so what does that mean overall ??
Vad is gone, live and let live.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree with some of the posters above. Every year it's the same "This group is different, there's better leadership...guys are buying in....the younger guys are setting the tone...blah, blah, blah..." Last year we were all lauding how much work Vad was putting into getting the guys together to do extra work, and the players were raving about 7v7s....then somehow all that extra work turned into how Vad didn't buy into the system and he was more focused on being a passer and not our offense. It's silly how all the players say the same thing but the narrative somehow changes every year with fans.

Like a poster said above, talk is cheap.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I like seeing these type of tweets and comments, too. Does it mean we've experienced some revolution of team unity? No. Does it mean we're guaranteeing championships? No. But its better than negative quotes, which is what anonymous tools on message boards provide. Or they could just be content with the AJC comment section, which is where a handful of guys here seem to have migrated from.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
All players across the nation are tweeing like this right now...these are young men. Of course they are optimistic right now...why wouldn't or shouldn't they be?

What do we want them to tweet "Been seeing a lot of bad things at practice this year... wish we all shared a common goal"

If it bothers you that much what a kid tweets about how he feels about HIS team then I would advise you to simply unfollow them.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
All players across the nation are tweeing like this right now...these are young men. Of course they are optimistic right now...why wouldn't or shouldn't they be?

What do we want them to tweet "Been seeing a lot of bad things at practice this year... wish we all shared a common goal"

If it bothers you that much what a kid tweets about how he feels about HIS team then I would advise you to simply unfollow them.

I think it's great when players are positive about the team. As a fan I WANT guys like PJ Davis to have confidence in our team.

What bugs me is our fans turning positive tweets into some kind of negative narrative against previous teams like the teams from previous season "lacked leadership" or the same kind of focus current players are showing.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I think it's great when players are positive about the team. As a fan I WANT guys like PJ Davis to have confidence in our team.

What bugs me is our fans turning positive tweets into some kind of negative narrative against previous teams like the teams from previous season "lacked leadership" or the same kind of focus current players are showing.

I totally understand this.

thwgjacket

Our fans are funny. Some want more coverage, others say all the coverage is BS.
You know who was super, duper positive this time last year? Vad Lee. I'm sure if you took a look back at twitter posts you'd be wildly optimistic.

I'm not saying its true across the board, but with a mouthpiece like twitter (and other social media) combined with people slobbering over everything they tweet or say, then you're going to have lots and lots of BS strewn about.

Talk is cheap.
What do you want the coverage to say? "We suck, deal with it"? "GT has a football team"? What would make you happy dude? Takes a sad person to crap on a positive tweet from a 19-20 year old kid. Sincerely hoping your outlook on life brightens up.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Vad was super positive last year, yeah. And I liked that about him. Still do, even though he's not with us anymore.
I don't think the similarity between Vad and PJ on this point is a bad thing at all. Enthusiastic, positive guys are a plus.

PJ is an exciting player in his own right. Love having him.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Our fans are funny. Some want more coverage, others say all the coverage is BS.

What do you want the coverage to say? "We suck, deal with it"? "GT has a football team"? What would make you happy dude? Takes a sad person to crap on a positive tweet from a 19-20 year old kid. Sincerely hoping your outlook on life brightens up.

Okay. I think I'll be alright.

I'm not following him. I'm not on twitter. Did I post the tweet in this board? My whole point is that, yes, "kids will be kids" and they can tweet and post whatever the hell they want. The problem I have is adults, or at least whom I'm assuming are adults, analyzing every freaking tweet and pretending like that is some great insight into the "health" of the team, or the success we'll have this year, or criticism of this or that. Honestly, if I was playing, I'd be laughing at message boards, and grown men analyzing my tweets. It's absurd. As to the whole "this is our year" thing, yea...that's the same ****, different year. I'm not suggesting they take the antithesis of this position by the way, which all of y'all already suggested I am.

You know why I like PJ Davis? Why I'm assuming you like PJ Davis, or anyone else for that matter? It's because he plays like his hair is on fire on the field. He is awesome to watch and a breath of fresh air. You know what has no impact on me "liking" him, or thinking he is a great football player? His twitter account. You know how I judge a true leader? Their performance and conduct. You know how I wouldn't? Twitter.

Take tweets from 19 year old college kids for what they're worth, which (for the most part) isn't all too much. College football isn't your favorite reality tv show. If you want to analyze what people are "feeling" and what so and so says about so and so, then stick to the bachelor and join that message board.