#PittvsGT Postgame

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
That sucked.

Really disappointed in the early turnovers, the lack of getting and turnovers in the positive, defensive performance in general, red zone offense, lack of a run game, Riq slowing down after a guy beat him for a TD....

Positives, not much. Sims did seem to bounce back from the int's and get in a rhythm. Looked good in the short passing game. That one play where Walker blocked his blocker into the screen. That was cool. A lot of the guys making plays are freshmen. That's about it.

Still think a bowl game is attainable

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Move #1 & 2 to linebacker tomorrow for Gods sake! There is no way in hell either ever play DB in the NFL! They are both horrible liabilies in coverage. Give me any of our other DB’s over all day long over Tariq Carpenter, lets see some new blood that at least has DB speed back there
But they have so much experience.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t see how you can blame those two picks on Sims?
I don't blame the fact that both tipped balls landed in Pitts hand on him as that is dumb luck but he could have prevented the tipped balls. On the first one you need to get the ball higher if you are throwing over the middle. On the second that pressure was coming hard so he either needed to step out of it before he threw, get the ball out faster, or just take the sack.

I do give him credit for turning it around after that and having as good of a game as he could have given the questionable play calls and atrocious OL play.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Was at the game. Awful performance in all phases. Was disappointed before the kickoff with the small crowd. There was no energy at all. Thought people would show up and be enthusiastic after last week. But in the first series when there was still no score I was the only one standing up in my section on third down. That does not excuse the horrible coaching and performance but reflects the state of the program.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I need to vent with some questions that may or may not be rhetorical (Feel free to respond if you have an answer):

Why do we get so many kicks blocked?

Why don’t we have/play safeties fast enough and aware enough to keep up with opposing receivers?

What happened to McGowan? Injured?

Is our talent still significantly lacking on offensive line or is Brent Key not as good as his reputation? Or both?

Are we contractually obligated to hand the ball to Gibbs up the middle for something between a 1-yard gain and a 3-yard loss on half of our first downs?
In order:

Because our protection sucks. At a certain point, we’ve gone through so many kickers that you just can’t blame them anymore.

Beats me. Jaylon King, DA, and Kaleb Edwards are plenty fast, but we’re sticking with Tariq and Juanyeh exclusively for whatever reason.

Apparently. No idea what the injury is.

I’d say a little of both. Transfers and CPJ remnants are suffering from lack of continuity, but we still shouldn’t look this bad. Maybe Saban wasn’t so upset to lose Key.

Eh, more of a line problem than a play calling problem. Dives should be at least an easy 2 yards. We know our RBs are good. If they’re getting hit for losses on those, it’s the OL not doing their job.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Was at the game. Awful performance in all phases. Was disappointed before the kickoff with the small crowd. There was no energy at all. Thought people would show up and be enthusiastic after last week. But in the first series when there was still no score I was the only one standing up in my section on third down. That does not excuse the horrible coaching and performance but reflects the state of the program.
I think more players in the juice crew dancing on the sidelines is the answer.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Pitt jumped on us early, got two big interceptions and we could not get our mojo back after that. Might have been a different game has we not fallen behind early. We still would have lost, as I predicted, but we could have made it a lot closer game.

We are still missing too many pieces for this team to be able to win on an off day or to battle back against a team that is playing lights out.