Pittsburgh Postgame

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The tipped pass TD just all but sucked the remaining air out of the Defense.
MLD will be thinking about "his" dropped pass for a while...
Hey, we overcame FB's penalty (ineligible player down field) and still scored a TD - That is a positive.
The going for it on 4th and 1 was the correct thing to do. Unfortunately they stuffed it. I question anyones thought process if they really thought Roof's D was going to stop them from being able to attempt a FG before the clock ran out.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So besides the things we did wrong we did well? You don't say... Also, there is really no argument for the BC game not being bad on offense.
Every team has good and bad plays obviously. My point is that just because you have bad plays doesn't mean your offense isn't good, if that was the case there wouldn't be any good offenses. have we had bad plays? Sure, but imo our overall play has been good. I though what I said before was common sense, obviously not I guess. I'm assuming you don't like cpj? If so maybe you are just blind to the offensive play or you don't know much about the ins and outs of football?

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Watch ticket sales take another big hit next year. It's tough for Tech to fill seats period, but it's that much tougher when CPJ puts a bad product on the field.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The ball hits the upright and goes in to win the game. I guess it was not meant to be our day. I'm starting to think this won't be our year either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it had not gone in, we still roughed the kicker. He would have made it on 2nd try.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, after last year, I would be delighted with an 8 win season. I think we are headed to a 7 though, which is far from terrible.

We need better leadership though, and I'm hoping Todd brings that. A good A D works wonders.

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably not but honestly what did everyone expect?? 10 win season? Sometimes I wonder what you guys saw last year and think.."Ya we are going to be soooo good next year!!"

I definitely didn't expect a 10-win season. I expected 6-7 wins with a shot at a bowl game. I'm afraid that may be in jeopardy now but I hope the team proves me wrong!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So I have said I wouldn't mind getting les miles as a head coach but with his age he should consider stepping down to just a coordinator and come to GT for our D coordinator. Who's with me? LOL.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If I never see another jet sweep, it will still be too soon. Just once I saw our DE take a step up the field and make a play.
And it should've been something covered in the film room. They've ran that play all year. You could clearly tell when the were going to run in based on where the motion guy was when they snapped it.

Animal02

Banned
Every team has good and bad plays obviously. My point is that just because you have bad plays doesn't mean your offense isn't good, if that was the case there wouldn't be any good offenses. have we had bad plays? Sure, but imo our overall play has been good. I though what I said before was common sense, obviously not I guess. I'm assuming you don't like cpj? If so maybe you are just blind to the offensive play or you don't know much about the ins and outs of football?
Yes....our offense was so bad, it was three plays and punt all day ......oh wait.......

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
You won't get Les as a coach. But as a consultant? Maybe.

Well, if Les isn't interested in being a defensive consultant I think CPJ should give Belichick a call. I mean, he probably only needs 2-3 days max per week with the Patriots at this point, and I'm sure he would embrace the challenge GT presents....I think it would work perfectly!!

Yes, this is sarcasm! Just a little humor to break up all the sadness and complaining!

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
No explosive plays from our primary offensive position (BB) is killing this offense. Has Mills or Marshall rushed for a 20 yard gain this year ? Mercer doesn't count. I'd do it myself but I'm still to sick to look.

Animal02

Banned
Are you still standing up? LOL
I am still shaking my head over the whole thing . The "manager" guy the came down the second time was clueless. He even suggested I watch the plays on the big screen. I looked at him and said "If I wanted to watch it on TV I would have stayed home". I kept asking him to cite the rule that said standing was prohibited except between plays. He kept trying to change it back to "others had complained". I said I didn't care, what rule says you cannot stand. The look on his face was that he had never been challenged before.....he ended up walking away. The Pitt fans sitting next to me said thank you for standing up to them.....that it was no wonder they could not fill the stadium when jerks like that just want everyone sitting on their hands.