Pittsburgh Post Game Thread

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah, they are tougher runners imo, but Gibbs can kick it into 6th gear.

Yeah, I hit 6th gear once ... then I woke up. :confused:

...... ya know what else, the more I think about the refs the madder I get. What was the line tonight? Anybody know?

Yes, I'm serious. We should've scored that last drive. Wouldn't have changed the game but could've changed somebody's pocket......

falconholic26

Banned
The truth hurts but we have no differences makers on either side side of the ball. That whats makes great teams to good teams to bad teams. We have none on either side so we get the results that we get every week. We don’t like it but the truth is in the pudding. It is what is is .

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
The truth hurts but we have no differences makers on either side side of the ball. That whats makes great teams to good teams to bad teams. We have none on either side so we get the results that we get every week. We don’t like it but the truth is in the pudding. It is what is is .
Gibbs is a difference maker and Sims will be. Defense you are 100% right

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

We have difference makers. What we lack are the players that you need to put yourself in a position for difference makers to actually make a difference. That is primarily on the line on both sides.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts on the game: griffin still doesn’t look 100%, Gibbs changes our entire offense. In my opinion Thacker needs to be gone wether that be fired or moving to a different role as a coach. Someone like Marco Coleman would be a solid D coordinator option but need someone experience sadly we can’t afford that. Our wide receivers are not good at all, so many stupid drops that were just simple catches but not done properly. We clearly have a talent issue at the wide receiver spot. Our secondary was so hyped up coming into the year with guys like juanyeh, carpenter and swilling but I have not seen the hype that was talked about in any of those dudes, carpenter should not be playing over Derrick Allen.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I think we lack difference makers at the worst possible spots to lack difference makers - front 7 and wr.

We can't get consistent pressure which, as everyone knows, makes the secondary look better.

On O, we get no separation on routes. At all. Exacerbates the ol play deficiencies.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The calls by the refs were frustrating. Watching them run the ball over and over again after we cut it to six was more frustrating. Vincent Davis's single game rushing best in his career coming into the game was 69 yards. He had 69 yards just on the final drive of the game tonight.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech had 8 penalties for 86 tonight, vs 12 for 112 last week. Before tonight’s game they were 116th out of 127th for most penalty yards per game. They’ll get a fresh start in ‘21, plus there will be roster changes, new personnel.

Nowhere to go but up!

First, hats off to David Curry. What a game and heart.
Refs....well it was bad calls but
No offense again hurts us. Now credit the Pitt defense because they are good but our vanilla offense was shut down.
Coach can get mad and I like passion but he needs to direct that back to his staff. This game was lost even with the bad calls.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The calls by the refs were frustrating. Watching them run the ball over and over again after we cut it to six was more frustrating. Vincent Davis's single game rushing best in his career coming into the game was 69 yards. He had 69 yards just on the final drive of the game tonight.
I'll say this as gracefully as I can... I cannot think of an ACC DL in worse shape than ours coming in to this week. You could almost count the combined P5 offers (other than GT) of our DL on one hand at times. I was encouraged by our young DEs at times though.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
First, hats off to David Curry. What a game and heart.
Refs....well it was bad calls but
No offense again hurts us. Now credit the Pitt defense because they are good but our vanilla offense was shut down.
Coach can get mad and I like passion but he needs to direct that back to his staff. This game was lost even with the bad calls.
So Collin's showing emotion is great but what he really needs to do is yell at his staff? I am confused.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Other than Gibbs. Then tell me who is a difference maker that we got.
Are you here to have a serious conversation? No offense, you're either all over the place or are trolling. I'm going to assume the latter if this continues.