Pittsburgh (-8) vs. Georgia Tech

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

GT_EE78

Banned
Miami +2 and Michigan State +10 parlay together on ML outright, there's your weekend play. Let's see how this ages.
for comparison, I looked at Sagarin's predictor
GT +10
Miami -2
Mich St +12
i'd be nervous betting against Indiana , but then i'm usually wrong

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, Pitt's O has not been much to talk about at times this year, but we do have knack for making teams with mediocre O's look like worldbeaters.

I think 8 is about right, but honestly, if I was a betting man and was forced to bet on this one, I would take Pitt and give the 8 for sure. Their front 7 on D is really good, and our front 7 on D, well you know.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The prediction about our games have all seemed about right to me and so does this one.

Pitt is another team we could beat with a good complete game. Unfortunately, we seem to be underperforming consistently. Maybe this time is the charm!

If we play with discipline and win the turnovers, we can win. But that will require a change from average past performance.

Maybe. ESPN gives us a 35% chance to win. Makes sense.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Miami +2 and Michigan State +10 parlay together on ML outright, there's your weekend play. Let's see how this ages.
I didn't even look up who Michigan State was playing and I would not touch a bet with them with a 20 foot pole after their first 3 games. Miami +2 in an empty Lane Stadium though...woof. Something seems off there.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I didn't even look up who Michigan State was playing and I would not touch a bet with them with a 20 foot pole after their first 3 games. Miami +2 in an empty Lane Stadium though...woof. Something seems off there.

A full Lane stadium hasn’t been much of a help to them the last decade. They have a pretty bad home record I believe. Think we’ve taken the last 3 there since losing in OT in ‘12 and they needed Nesbitt to break his arm mid game in ‘10.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, Pitt's O has not been much to talk about at times this year, but we do have knack for making teams with mediocre O's look like worldbeaters.

I think 8 is about right, but honestly, if I was a betting man and was forced to bet on this one, I would take Pitt and give the 8 for sure. Their front 7 on D is really good, and our front 7 on D, well you know.
They were missing their QB for a couple of games so that didn't help. He was back Saturday and picked FSU apart.
We have to play a much more clean game than we have so far this year to win.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
State is playing Indiana. IU will run them off the field. That line went from 9 to 7.5 I’m all over Indiana in that one. Miami is now +2.5 and GT is +7

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

I think we have a chance. I saw an interesting stat that was about the percentage of plays that went for no gain or a loss. I can't remember who was number one, seemed like it was one of those bottom feeding "Bottom 25 ranked teams" but number two before this past week was none other than Pitt. Interesting, no? That said this is also a team that just wore FSU out sacking the quarterbacks. FSU used two of them and both of them were sacked multiple times by the Panthers. This game may be about can Tech's offensive line do a better job of protecting Sims than FSU's offensive line did this past Saturday. They couldn't be worse...could they?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I was 50/50 on this one with Picket being out. After seeing him back and lightning up FSU Saturday, I’m not feeling too good about this one now.....
Agreed with Pickett back I see Pitt running us over. The should be able to cover a 20 point spread let alone 8. Only thing going for us is we had 2 weeks to figure out some sort of game plan and it is a night home game. We love upsets at night at Bobby Dodd.

Jmonty71

Banned

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No reason to believe our defense will suddenly materialize this week...
After watching Pitt against NC State earlier when they were 3-0 and the Wolfpack upset them, they went spiraling down and lost three in a row until beating FSU. This is a team that is all about Kenny Pickett. He has a gun, he is experienced and pretty athletic. He does not have the big, fast, strong receivers that NC State has but they are pretty good. The weak link may be the offensive line, in the NC State game, Pickett was under pressure most of the time. We have a chance but we have to play a lot better than we have been that is for sure. Pitt lost two games back to back NC State and BC by a total of two points. Agonizing.

Last edited: