Pitt OC is gone

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Um, not sure of why Whipple is getting so much love. He had his best year at Pitt this season, with a Heisman candidate QB, and his OFEI was #39. No doubt it was a great season for Whipple and Pitt's offense. However, in 2020 it was #99. 2019 it was #104.

Pitt won't have any issues replacing Whipple. The bigger issue is replacing Pickett.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe there QB made him look better

no one wanted him back last year. Pickett said he'll come back but only Whipple comes back. he got a one year deal and fell our guy having an incredible season. I'll give him credit for developing KP but I think any competent OC could have done the same. he is out of contract and hasn't been offered an extension.

only sad part is he's not coaching the bowl game. always a lame situation but that's how it works these days. we aren't crying about it (most of us anyway).

what I DO find odd is that Scott frost is coaching for his career next season. hitching your wagon to a 65 year old OC who is just a, "guy," and was never, "that guy," seems a very bad decision. considering he's got plenty of money to spend. good luck, Scott!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
what I DO find odd is that Scott frost is coaching for his career next season. hitching your wagon to a 65 year old OC who is just a, "guy," and was never, "that guy," seems a very bad decision. considering he's got plenty of money to spend. good luck, Scott!

THAT is the biggest shocker with the Whipple development...and Nebraska's direction. I don't follow Nebraska, so I don't have a clue what Frost is doing these days, but he made his name at UCF running a unique offense that made use of dual threat QBs, and he was a rising OC star at Oregon under Chip Kelly in that fast break offense. He ran the triple option under Frank Osborne with high success. Now he wants to run a standard spread passing offense with an OC that really hasn't had high success? Something with Frost does not appear to be right.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
THAT is the biggest shocker with the Whipple development...and Nebraska's direction. I don't follow Nebraska, so I don't have a clue what Frost is doing these days, but he made his name at UCF running a unique offense that made use of dual threat QBs, and he was a rising OC star at Oregon under Chip Kelly in that fast break offense. He ran the triple option under Frank Osborne with high success. Now he wants to run a standard spread passing offense with an OC that really hasn't had high success? Something with Frost does not appear to be right.
it's a very bad decision. when we got Whipple, we were pretty dejected universally but put a little trust in narduzzi. the first two years were anything but special but our OL sucked so gave it a bit of a pass. can't complain this season but he still does a lot of bone-headed things. but those get glossed over when you have a QB playing lights out. it's a strange one by frost, for sure. so many better options. I suppose that's why frost won't make it through the full season in 2021.

good luck in FCS, Scott.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Um, not sure of why Whipple is getting so much love. He had his best year at Pitt this season, with a Heisman candidate QB, and his OFEI was #39. No doubt it was a great season for Whipple and Pitt's offense. However, in 2020 it was #99. 2019 it was #104.

Pitt won't have any issues replacing Whipple. The bigger issue is replacing Pickett.
Exactly !

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
no one wanted him back last year. Pickett said he'll come back but only Whipple comes back. he got a one year deal and fell our guy having an incredible season. I'll give him credit for developing KP but I think any competent OC could have done the same. he is out of contract and hasn't been offered an extension.

only sad part is he's not coaching the bowl game. always a lame situation but that's how it works these days. we aren't crying about it (most of us anyway).

Why do I think that somewhere out there in the internet, some Nebraska fan is saying “Good luck, Geoff” and smirking?