Pitt Men's Basketball and Football Hit With Sanctions

Deleted member 2897

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...narduzzi-kevin-stallings-punished/4820851002/

Seems despite their efforts in 2018-2019 to gain a competitive edge, the Panthers still went 0-18 in conference play. Pat Narduzzi was also hit with sanctions as well and Pitt will suffer a three year probationary period.

The irony of this just makes the NCAA that much more of a punch line. Sanctioning an 0-18 team for getting too much coaching. Who the hell does the NCAA think they are? This is freaking ridiculous. Clemson has like 842 coaches around...nobody cares. Did someone from Pitt send a mean tweet at the NCAA or something?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
The irony of this just makes the NCAA that much more of a punch line. Sanctioning an 0-18 team for getting too much coaching. Who the hell does the NCAA think they are? This is freaking ridiculous. Clemson has like 842 coaches around...nobody cares. Did someone from Pitt send a mean tweet at the NCAA or something?
They're a meme at this point. The sooner they become obsolete, the better.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow. I didn't expect Capel to move this quick. I mean I expected them to land on probation during his tenure. Just not in his first year before he could really get things going good.

Of course I'm kidding. We all know the NCAA will completely ignore the kind of cheating Capel has been accused of. It's not like he takes it so far as to cross the line in an attempt to make his kids better players. He (allegedly) just goes ahead and buys the better players so they don't need the extra coaches.