Pitt is favored

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Roddy seems to be going out of his way to side against GT in this game...he makes excuses for the non-holding calls against Pitt and sees everything we do as a penalty. I guess he's upset for not getting a HOF invite. I hope he never does based on today's treatment of us.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
We are live in CL 2. After 20 years of Tech games, I can honestly say this is the worst officiating of my life. Pittsburg is holding almost every play. There’s no way Tech can win 11 on 16.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I rest my case. 2nd GT TD called back by terrible officiating. All these clowns need to be tarred and feathered.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Roddy seems to be going out of his way to side against GT in this game...he makes excuses for the non-holding calls against Pitt and sees everything we do as a penalty. I guess he's upset for not getting a HOF invite. I hope he never does based on today's treatment of us.
OMG Roddy. Roddy. Roddy. Were you really a Bulldog all this time?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Roddy's call has been fine today, the football team's play has not.

The TD called back had a legit holding call on it. It is ok to be frustrated that they haven't called more on Pitt, but that doesn't mean the call was wrong on GT. And Rey was obviously down.

The playcalling by the OC and especially the DC today have been pretty poor. GT has been dominated on both sides of the line and that is why we will very likely lose today.
Pitt has had all day to run their D (and it feels like GT hasn't adjusted at all) and GT has had very little time to run plays. If you had told me GT would have less than 75 yds rushing in the 4th quarter and Gibbs would have -9 yds, i'd say it is likely a long day, and that is before the 2 TO's.

I still feel like Smith may be our most dangerous RB right now.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Roddy's call has been fine today, the football team's play has not.

The TD called back had a legit holding call on it. It is ok to be frustrated that they haven't called more on Pitt, but that doesn't mean the call was wrong on GT. And Rey was obviously down.

The playcalling by the OC and especially the DC today have been pretty poor. GT has been dominated on both sides of the line and that is why we will very likely lose today.
Pitt has had all day to run their D (and it feels like GT hasn't adjusted at all) and GT has had very little time to run plays. If you had told me GT would have less than 75 yds rushing in the 4th quarter and Gibbs would have -9 yds, i'd say it is likely a long day, and that is before the 2 TO's.

I still feel like Smith may be our most dangerous RB right now.
I'm sorry, I don't see it that way. I think Roddy has joined the group of former Tech players that are trying to pretend they aren't alumni. Good riddance. At least he can earn money on TV sucking up to the powers that be.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Roddy is doing why he’s getting paid to do, which is be an objective color commentator regardless of where he graduated from. If you want to have a gripe then it should be with the preparedness of this team to play Pitt today. Leave Roddy out of this.
If he were objective I would. But accountability is accountability. He's not been unbiased, and seems to be doing everything he can to try to show that he is not biased towards Tech. Notice that I'm saying nothing about our former announcer. He's not being biased...either way.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If he were objective I would. But accountability is accountability. He's not been unbiased, and seems to be doing everything he can to try to show that he is not biased towards Tech. Notice that I'm saying nothing about our former announcer. He's not being biased...either way.
My thoughts exactly. Wes has been fine. Actually, he’s been pretty good. Roddy complains every time a penalty goes in our favor and goes out of his way to justify the penalties going against us, even when they’re really iffy. Once again, I don’t expect him to be a GT homer, but he doesn’t have to act like he hates us.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
If Tech were up by 4 TDs then your opinion would be completely different. He’s giving Pitt more love because they have been dominant. He was right on several penalty calls and his opinion about some of the coaching decisions were spot on. In fact he probably said some stuff that most people were thinking with his criticism of this week’s play.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts exactly. Wes has been fine. Actually, he’s been pretty good. Roddy complains every time a penalty goes in our favor and goes out of his way to justify the penalties going against us, even when they’re really iffy. Once again, I don’t expect him to be a GT homer, but he doesn’t have to act like he hates us.
He's just pissed he didn't get a HOF invite. Poor guy.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
If Tech were up by 4 TDs then your opinion would be completely different. He’s giving Pitt more love because they have been dominant. He was right on several penalty calls and his opinion about some of the coaching decisions were spot on. In fact he probably said some stuff that most people were thinking with his criticism of this week’s play.
Not complaining about what he said about the coaching. I don't disagree with that. But as stated above, he's said that every no-call in Pitt's favor was good and every iffy call made against us was right. Statistics suggest it's unlikely he is unbiased here.

Anyway. I'm out. Roddy has shown his colors. Now I know and will treat him appropriately.