Pitching Rotation for Final Stretch & ACCT

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
With 3 regular season weekends of baseball left after no mid-week game, it is a "natural" time to perhaps rework the starting rotation. I am not sure what I'd change (if anything)... but curious what others may think.

What factors into your thoughts on adjustments that, obviously, would be designed to maximize key wins based on timing/sequence of the final 11 games. Here is that sequence. The final stretch here with 7 games in final 9 days of the season:

May 4-6 (Fri-Sun): Radford
May 8 (Tues): UGA
May 11-12 (Fri-Sat): UVA
May 14 (Mon): UVA
May 15 (Tues): SEMO
May 17-19 (Thur-Sat): Duke
May 22 (Tues): Earliest possible Gm 1 of ACCT

I think I'd plan by starting at the end. We should approach the ACCT as the most important thing remaining on the schedule. I'd start Thomas in Gm 1 of ACCT. I'd be fine with Curry there too... but I give edge to Thomas (throws more strikes).

My attempt here is to get Thomas setup to start ACCT game 1 AND have Hurter (or English?) be bullpen only going forward [I put English as starter below...but if he's a bullpen guy, then replace with Hurter to start]

Radford - Chapman(?), Curry, English (maybe not that order)
UGA (Tues) - Thomas
UVA (Fri/Sat) - Curry, English
UVA (Mon) - Thomas
SEMO (Tues) - Lee or Chapman and/or Staff
Duke (Thur-Sat) - Curry, Thomas, English
ACCT Gm 1 - Thomas
ACCT Gm 2 - Curry
ACCT Semi-Final (Sat) - English
ACCT Champ (Sun) - Thomas (IF Gm 1 on Tues (or maybe Wed?)... later and need another starter)

Shoot holes in that.

EDIT: I think there's problem if Thomas cannot handle starting in this sequence (not enough rest): Mon, Fri, Tues (ACCT)

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
EDIT: I think there's problem if Thomas cannot handle starting in this sequence (not enough rest): Mon, Fri, Tues (ACCT)

I agree with you about starting Thomas as our bets pitcher. I will be willing to be out Esteemed Leader does not and will start Curry in that role.

The way to solve your dilemma is simple enough...start Thomas on game #1 of the UVa series and Duke series......that would make for Friday, Thursday, Tuesday starts.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you about starting Thomas as our bets pitcher. I will be willing to be out Esteemed Leader does not and will start Curry in that role.

The way to solve your dilemma is simple enough...start Thomas on game #1 of the UVa series and Duke series......that would make for Friday, Thursday, Tuesday starts.
Yeah.. I made that too complicated/difficult. I was trying to get Thomas into ACCT Game1 AND UGA on Tues.. that was too hard. Ok...my next attempt:

Radford (Fri-Sun) - Thomas, Curry, Chapman(?)
UGA (Tues) - English
UVA (Fri/Sat) - Thomas, Curry
UVA (Mon) - English
SEMO (Tues) - Lee or Chapman and/or Staff
Duke (Thur-Sat) - Thomas, Curry, English
ACCT Gm 1 - Thomas
ACCT Gm 2 - Curry
ACCT Semi-Final (Sat) - English
ACCT Champ (Sun) - Thomas (IF Gm 1 on Tues (or maybe Wed?)... later and need another starter)

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like the best thing would be for as many of the Radford/semco games as possible to be rained out. They are only going to hurt our RPI and burn up our limited pitching resources.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This Radford pregame interview with CFH is in this tweet. He says English was "sore" after Sunday's game. They wanted to give his arm more rest. And IF it progresses the way they hope, he'll start Tues v UGA.