Pitching Coach Hired

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Instead of starting a new thread for a brand new position created by GT called the “Director of Pitching,“ this gentleman has MLB experience & coaching at just about every level including collegiately…..
Is GT trying to emulate the Wake Forest pitching success? Hiring of Jason Richman has just been announced as the new Director of Pitching, & this “want ad.:”

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Instead of starting a new thread for a brand new position created by GT called the “Director of Pitching,“ this gentleman has MLB experience & coaching at just about every level including collegiately…..
Is GT trying to emulate the Wake Forest pitching success? Hiring of Jason Richman has just been announced as the new Director of Pitching, & this “want ad.:”

Regarding the want ad, aren't the team managers usually the young ladies that assist the team during games by supplying baseballs to the umpire, distributing water, etc? I'm sure their duties extend well beyond that but I guess what I'm saying is that if I am right then this is nothing new. Also, I thought we had someone the last few years that was responsible for compiling all of the data from the new pitching lab as well as the hitting data for Ramsey. Could this ad just be about replacing him (maybe he graduated) or possibly adding a second person? Again maybe it is just the team replacing positions we already had from before. I do remember, watching all of our games, we had someone in the dugout who sat their with a laptop all game punching in some kind of numbers.

Obviously the "director of Pitching" title is something new. Any idea what his responsibilities are? Is it just to assist Taylor his pitching coach duties? Or could he be more of a recruiting position?

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Regarding the want ad, aren't the team managers usually the young ladies that assist the team during games by supplying baseballs to the umpire, distributing water, etc? I'm sure their duties extend well beyond that but I guess what I'm saying is that if I am right then this is nothing new. Also, I thought we had someone the last few years that was responsible for compiling all of the data from the new pitching lab as well as the hitting data for Ramsey. Could this ad just be about replacing him (maybe he graduated) or possibly adding a second person? Again maybe it is just the team replacing positions we already had from before. I do remember, watching all of our games, we had someone in the dugout who sat their with a laptop all game punching in some kind of numbers.

Obviously the "director of Pitching" title is something new. Any idea what his responsibilities are? Is it just to assist Taylor his pitching coach duties? Or could he be more of a recruiting position?
Managers aren't new but they handle equipment & uniforms among a few other things.
Trainers cover sports medicine.
The ladies you're referring to are the GT Bat Girls. We have a former one on this site, @GTBatGirl96.
Regarding using students for data analysis, if we haven't been doing it then it's a huge miss. We should have at least a couple.

No idea on your other questions.