Pick your CPJ sendoff finish

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Option 1: 700 yards of rushing, multiple 50+ yard runs en route to a UL-style butt whipping.

Option 2: down 5 at end of 3rd Q, soul-crushing death march that takes the entirety of the 4th, punching it in on a QB sneak on 4th and goal with 3 sec left.

How would you like to see the CPJ era end in this bowl game?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A complete destruction of their D with over 400 yards rushing . TM easily over 1000 yards for the year and Woody gets a shutout.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
GT 223 - MN 0

Over 1000 yards of offense.
Lost of trips and double stack formations going back to the Hawaii days.

After the game, CPJ is standing at the podium with a cigar, and all he says is "How you like them apples?". Mic drop and walks off...
I like the way you think...
My first thought was that we should drop 50 on them, but then my better judgement kicked in, and I decided we should plant 223 on them.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Other good finish would be we go 25-25 in 4th down plays. We have 300yds rushing on 100 carries. We hold the ball for 50 mins and win 28-0

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
In his first time at Navy, as an OC before taking the HC job at Georgia Southern, Johnson went to a different part of the playbook with Navy trailing California 38-28 in the 1996 Aloha Bowl.

Johnson brought out the "triple stack" of wide receivers. Worked like a charm. I'd like to see the triple stack used today, at least once.

As for that 1996 game and the triple stack, read about it here:

http://archives.starbulletin.com/96/12/30/sports/kwon.html

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here's the thing...CPJ usually likes to spend this extra time drilling what the guys are going to be using next year. Well, next year, none of them are going to be running CPJ's offense. There's nothing for him to be preparing these kids for next year.

I could easily see it (and would love to see it) being a game where he just kind of went back through his coaching career and plucked out a bunch of plays that are fantastically mind-blowing and just creating a medley of big play options in both the running and shooting portions of this offense. I'd like this bowl game to be a showcase for the offense that he so believed in. Leave nothing for tomorrow: throw everything at them today.

I would not want to be Minnesota today. Watch out!

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
One thing about this bowl is that its relatively early so MN has not had nearly as much time to practice as they would if it were closer to NYD.

MN's defense can be suffocating (ask their last three opponents) but I'll be surprised if they can really slow us down too much - I don't think they have had enough time to put a defensive plan together.

I don't expect any trickeration - I expect classic CPJ football.

Greenjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
Excited about the new coach.

For the Paul Johnson doubters please be thinking of what tastes good with crow. We will run the ball up the gut with the B back in the second half and win.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I hate this for Coach. He is a good man and has done great things at GT. It's obvious that a lot of people, assistant coaches and players are going through the motions. They have beaten better teams this year. I hate the fact that all the PJ haters are happy with this. It's one last dig at someone that everyone will miss one day.
This game should not tarnish what Coach Johnson accomplished at Tech.