Photo of Overturned Forward Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I'm a Georgia Tech fan and I've never pulled for Ga. Southern to win a game in my life. But I just don't see how anyone can objectively say that there is "indisputable evidence" to overturn the call on the field of an incomplete pass. IMO, they have a legitimate gripe. Not that it's going to matter at all in the long run because the game is already down in the history books as a win for GT.
All they have to do is watch the play on video, and they have no legitimate gripe at all

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
All they have to do is watch the play on video, and they have no legitimate gripe at all
Really? By the very fact that we have people still "disputing" the call, then that pretty much is the opposite of the definition of "indisputable".

Edited to add: and by "people", I'm referring to the guy who is the former head of officials. Not just Ga Southern fans.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Really? By the very fact that we have people still "disputing" the call, then that pretty much is the opposite of the definition of "indisputable".
Sour grapes GSU fans do not exactly qualify as impartial disputers in my book. I've already discredited the fox guy as a look-at-me story hound.

Nice of you to jump in on the opposite side as always, though. (y)

Edited to add: and by "people", I'm referring to the guy who is the former head of officials. Not just Ga Southern fans.
All I can say is WATCH the video. It's obvious.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@daBuzz I think dispute comes in on what are the "limits" of a lateral pass. If down the line from the QB is lateral,this is clearly a lateral. If inches count, then this could be disputable. The pitch is clearly parallel but I cannot say with certainty it was inches backwards or inches forward. It clearly was not a yard forward or a yard backward. This was in a yard variance and down the line.

It all goes back to how you define a lateral and the looseness around down the line or parallel. This pitch was parallel well within a yard absolutely. I agree, parallel within a foot is disputable. I don't know what parameters the reviewer used.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Butthurt level over 9000.
I hope this sticks in their craw until 2016. Fact is, it was a lateral that they blew on the first call. The fact they overturned it was poetic justice from screwing up the original call.
This is the last I'll post on the issue, as we have bigger fish to fry. Onto the chokies.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
post to stingtalk...here are two shots. First, using the yard line as the static on field marker takes away camera movement. Second the ball was helicoptering...depending on the snapshot the ball is either vertical, or not...so if you snap it vertical...then the second shot you take it is horizontal...it looks fwd. But if you can get two with the same ball orientation you can clearly see it was perfectly a lateral

First photo just as he released

Second just as our defensemen touched it. you be the judge

BTW, we are rescheduling these guys for 2016 and I am sure, we won't let up.
1a.jpg
2.jpg

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I think we won't have to use too much of our imagination to know how this thread will end up so I'll go ahead and save everyone a lot of time and lock this thread.

Best of luck to GSU and its fans for the rest of their season.

Onward to VT we go.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
Status
Not open for further replies.