Photo of Overturned Forward Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

str8shooter

Georgia Tech Fan
Look, I'm not trying to stir up anything here. Just found this photo that was posted by someone very close to the GT family, and thought it might be insightful. They could have broken the video down frame by frame too, but I seriously doubt that they did.

str8shooter

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't mention that one. That was the play before GT converted the 3rd and 22 late in the first half. GS recovered that ball and the referees did not review the play. GT went on to score.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
  1. In American football and Canadian football a lateral pass or lateral(officially backward pass in American football and onside pass in Canadian football), occurs when the ball carrier throws the football to a teammate in a direction parallel to or away from the opponents' goal line.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck

Play is at the 3:35 mark. Ball is clearly straight down the line. This is probably the only time the entire game when there was decent camera work.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
What is the fumble they are referring to in the second photo?
I am not 100% sure what the 2nd photo is supposed to show either.
Look, I'm not trying to stir up anything here. Just found this photo that was posted by someone very close to the GT family, and thought it might be insightful. They could have broken the video down frame by frame too, but I seriously doubt that they did.
I think you lost some credibility here with this tweet of yours, Marty:

In the first photo, do you see how the sideline hashmark is not vertical and angled? Well, the "nerd" in me tells me that this means the camera was positioned ahead of where the ball was and wasn't looking straight across the field. I admit that I could be wrong though. I just wish GSU fans can admit that they could also be wrong.

Anyway, I hope both GT and GSU teams are looking toward VT and South Alabama respectively. Best of luck to GSU on the rest of their season.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am not 100% sure what the 2nd photo is supposed to show either.

I think you lost some credibility here with this tweet of yours, Marty:

In the first photo, do you see how the sideline hashmark is not vertical and angled? Well, the "nerd" in me tells me that this means the camera was positioned ahead of where the ball was and wasn't looking straight across the field. I admit that I could be wrong though. I just wish GSU fans can admit that they could also be wrong.

Anyway, I hope both GT and GSU teams are looking toward VT and South Alabama respectively. Best of luck to GSU on the rest of their season.

Wow. Is the ban hammer swinging?

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Look, I'm a Georgia Tech fan and I've never pulled for Ga. Southern to win a game in my life. But I just don't see how anyone can objectively say that there is "indisputable evidence" to overturn the call on the field of an incomplete pass. IMO, they have a legitimate gripe. Not that it's going to matter at all in the long run because the game is already down in the history books as a win for GT.

Play is at the 3:35 mark. Ball is clearly straight down the line. This is probably the only time the entire game when there was decent camera work.

Yeah, the camera angle for that play was perfect. I have watched it several times in slow motion from my recording of the game. The QB clearly released the ball forward of the 27 yard line, and Golden clearly batted it down behind the 27 yard line. No way in hell that could be called a forward pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.