PH III wildcat/rugby package?

Ramblin Wreckt

Georgia Tech Fan
First off, great W for our boys. I'll take anything we can get.

Second off, I admit I don't really know anything about playing tackle football despite how much I've watched over the years. So take all of this with a couple big grains of salt:

It's weird knowing our punter is our best player. But I'm embracing the chaos. Would it be possible for us to try to install some small wildcat/rugby ish style package on O whenever we're inside the 50ish? Zone reads with PH3 and a back out of shotgun, occasional pass, and get real weird with it maybe some drop kicks and try to abuse the rule book, haha. If we're going to be bad this season, might as well be fun bad.

Yes, I do realize that this would probably waste time in practices stunting the development of our actual real O. But could be hilariously awesome.

OK, flame away, what do yall think?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Second off, I admit I don't really know anything about playing tackle football despite how much I've watched over the years. So take all of this with a couple big grains of salt:

It's weird knowing our punter is our best player. But I'm embracing the chaos. Would it be possible for us to try to install some small wildcat/rugby ish style package on O whenever we're inside the 50ish? Zone reads with PH3 and a back out of shotgun, occasional pass, and get real weird with it maybe some drop kicks and try to abuse the rule book, haha. If we're going to be bad this season, might as well be fun bad.

Yes, I do realize that this would probably waste time in practices stunting the development of our actual real O. But could be hilariously awesome.

The short answer? No.

The long answer? No way.
But it would be fun

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to see if he could drop kick. There are some scenarios where that makes senses. He is also the same number as mason they may not see it until its to late.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Miami’s best weapon during the game was their punter, who kept us bottled up with poor field position. Harvin is a similar talent and weapon. Let’s not do anything that might increase his risk of injury!

Deleted member 2897

giphy.gif

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

no. He's the P, not the QB. TO would be better for that sort of role you describe.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami’s best weapon during the game was their punter, who kept us bottled up with poor field position. Harvin is a similar talent and weapon. Let’s not do anything that might increase his risk of injury!

You would've thought from the ACC TV broadcast that their little midget Rudy player was the best player on the field, the way they kept showing him downing punts.