PG Problems

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Good discussion here..I agree that Jorgensen will be a very solid PG for us over these next few seasons, if he can stay healthy. He is a gym rat that understands the game well, he is very sound fundamentally, and he can score it as well. He will be the floor general that hasn't been seen here in a while. Losing him this season was the very beginning of the downward spiral of a season.

With that said, I think that we are looking for more guards. The ball handling from the backcourt is horrendous right now, and I'm not sure that we have a capable finisher on the team. Look for our recruitment of combo guards to ramp up this summer. Someone that can score in volume and distribute. Someone like Jalen Adams would be a weapon and could see the floor immediately. Tadric will see minutes too, but his first contributions will be defensively and in transition.

Really like Jorg. He had all the makings before he went down. Could be the elixir we've been needing literally for years.

You make a good point that we don't have a capable finisher on the team. MGH seems capable of developing into one if he can use his strength to get through contact. None of the other guards appear capable of executing a layup in traffic. They haven't been able to separate from their defenders and usually end up blocked or fouled w/o and-1. Could be a confidence thing as everyone looks a little defeated at this point.

Hope Tadric can help and, like I said in the Anas thread, I hope we can pick up another guard this recruiting cycle somehow (not post-grad).

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It would be great if a high-level guard would open up, or if a late bloomer would show up on the horizon, but at this point, it looks like any help in the backcourt would be via grad-transfer. I'm not sure I would waste the ship on a four year player unless it was a high-level kid. I agree, we can use all the help we can find in the back court, but I'm not sure that a flyer on a project this late would be the best use of the ship.

With that said, I think that you will see our staff be very active on the recruiting trails leading up to the late period. Aside from Anas, I have already seen our name associated with several others. The only problem there is that anyone that shows any flashes or potential at this point will have a long list of suitors.