PG Kyle Sturdivant Transfers to GT

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We will have one of the deepest back courts in the country next season if the immediate transfer rule is passed.
If it’s not, he will be the perfect replacement to have after Jose leaves. Doesn’t leave us scrambling for an option (GT/fresh) next offseason.

Good job by CJP to lock him in.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Can I get a scouting report? Also, have to think he has a great chance of being eligible right away no matter what.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like a big, strong, pass-first point guard. Should be able to help on defense right away with teams with big guards. Not sure what kind of upside we have on the offensive end.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
NICE!

Seems like a lot of us on this board were high on him at the time:

https://gtswarm.com/threads/pg-kyle-sturdivant-dr3amchasin.14907/v

Hopefully he can find the form that made him a highly coveted PG coming out of HS. If he develops the way we hope, there's a real possibility of having back to back tournament teams even after Alvarado graduates. A Sturdivant/Devoe/Maxwell backcourt to go with a 4 star 7'1 center (Saba) developed by Reveno is a nice foundation for future years. Now we need some high impact wings who can shoot and create.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I would still like to see us pick up a HS PG that buys into the 'get old' philosophy. I like having multiple ball handling-hawking PGs so that we can rotate and keep them fresh during the season.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First off welcome to GT Kyle.

Second my condolences to your family. (his father died in February).

As DTM mentioned, this is your starting PG in 2021. and depending upon how the one free transfer rule ends up - he will have either 3 yrs starting this fall or 3 yrs starting fall of 2021.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I would still like to see us pick up a HS PG that buys into the 'get old' philosophy. I like having multiple ball handling-hawking PGs so that we can rotate and keep them fresh during the season.

I mean he still has 3 years so fits the get old bill pretty well.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Good addition. Gives us a third year player when Jose graduates. Good potential. The way I look at it is we basically traded Price for Sturdivant, especially if he is immediately eligible next year. Thought Price had some upside, but with Maxwell coming in I think we came out on the right side of this in terms of addressing long term needs.