Petition: Use Gold as a Primary Color

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve been a Saints fan since the first game played at Tulane Stadium. White, Gold and Black. In 52 years, it has been refreshed ... different emblems, logos, etc ... but the colors have never varied.

What is wrong with the GTAA that they can’t enforce a simple brand scheme?

Could you imagine the Saints in Dallas Cowboy blue?
Saints Gold has changed frequently over the years.. eerily similar to Tech actually. Some gold, yellow, bronze..

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/history/uniform-history

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
Come on, guys! Make sure you've signed the petition! We're really gaining steam here. We're even getting close to surpassing the level of support for the petition to replace the statue of Einstein on GT's campus with a statue of Harambe! https://www.change.org/p/georgia-in...mpus-einstein-statue-with-a-statue-of-harambe

Unfortunately, that petition didn't get any results, but this one is different. We've got a real groundswell grassroots thing going and this is super duper important and has to be fixed! Let's be agents of change and push on to victory!

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
But they stayed consistent with the scheme. That was my point.

We’ve been just as consistent as the Saints have in color scheme if you aren’t counting the different shades of Gold (Which isn’t the reason this thread was created — it was created because we’re using more blue than we used to).. We’ve been using blue for a long time as much as folks don’t want to admit..

Until the CPJ era we’ve always had a pretty basic/classic uniforms using the colors Gold, White, and Blue (for numbers/trim). In fact, until last year (if you aren’t talking about uniform style) you could say we’ve been more consistent than the Saints as they have.. considering they have three different color shirts (White/Black/Gold) and three colors of pants (White/Black/Gold). This doesn’t include the many combinations of different color numbers they have with the same color Jersey.

Until
recently we had three different colors shirts (White/Gold/Blue) and only two different color pants (Gold/White - with the addition of blue in 2018).

So unless you’re speaking of uniform STYLE we have been pretty consistent minus last year with the all blue.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
We’ve been just as consistent as the Saints have in color scheme if you aren’t counting the different shades of Gold (Which isn’t the reason this thread was created — it was created because we’re using more blue than we used to).. We’ve been using blue for a long time as much as folks don’t want to admit..

Until the CPJ era we’ve always had a pretty basic/classic uniforms using the colors Gold, White, and Blue (for numbers/trim). In fact, until last year (if you aren’t talking about uniform style) you could say we’ve been more consistent than the Saints as they have.. considering they have three different color shirts (White/Black/Gold) and three colors of pants (White/Black/Gold). This doesn’t include the many combinations of different color numbers they have with the same color Jersey.

Until
recently we had three different colors shirts (White/Gold/Blue) and only two different color pants (Gold/White - with the addition of blue in 2018).

So unless you’re speaking of uniform STYLE we have been pretty consistent minus last year with the all blue.

It was black when I was in school. Yes, let’s exclude that.

Tech’s colors have always been Old Gold,White and Navy ... except for the years they weren’t.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
It was black when I was in school. Yes, let’s exclude that.

Tech’s colors have always been Old Gold,White and Navy ... except for the years they weren’t.
Has tech ever worn a black uni? Or had black on the uni? Besides the “Black watch” defense which was a special thing done just for that team.

I think people confuse the dark navy that we had on the old uni’s for black..

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Has tech ever worn a black uni? Or had black on the uni? Besides the “Black watch” defense which was a special thing done just for that team.

I think people confuse the dark navy that we had on the old uni’s for black..

I was at Tech from 82-85, and at no time did we use blue as a trim color. It was black.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/uniforms.pdf
If this article is to be believed, we wore navy jersey's in the 40's. Hard to define tradition and consistency (in a way that everyone agrees). Interesting that the Cowboys copied some aspects of tech's uniforms.
Yes, both Dodd and Alexander used blue jerseys on occasion, most notably in the crushing loss to the mutts in Athens when we were undefeated and headed for the Rose Bowl and what would likely have been our 3rd (at that time) NC. The mutts instead went to the Rose Bowl and won a share of the NC, since given by most sources to Ohio State.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Black was exclusively our trim color from at least the mid 40s until 2003.
Now that is just false.. these are photos from the 70’s to the early 2000’s. All dark blue/navy trim

2A4173CC-1E81-4D1C-ACFE-E1F5C71EFF36.jpeg
84F2000D-2C07-4CFA-A373-7F3D396D992D.jpeg
443489DF-9449-4F2B-89E5-CAF4062673BB.jpeg
19E13922-02FE-4AC6-90E2-9252A4EACCB4.jpeg
C53AB9A6-AA46-4A3D-9117-FEB21EF54EB2.jpeg

crazy4GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Really enjoying this peeing contest on jersey colors. Really quite amusing. For you church folks, It reminds of the argument about versions of the Bible. Modern versions vs the King James only crowd. Please keep it up, I need something to keep me going until spring practice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoying this peeing contest on jersey colors. Really quite amusing. For you church folks, It reminds of the argument about versions of the Bible. Modern versions vs the King James only crowd. Please keep it up, I need something to keep me going until spring practice!

No comparison at all IMO

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow

To be honest I couldn’t care less what we wear.. I honestly just like messing with the “TECH IS NOT BLUE” crowd and enjoy thier responses