Perkins may not be back

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
While yes the GT degree is great lets not get too carried away with the poo pooing of other institutions. A degree from Florida, OSU, the Real USC, and UGA carries weight depending on your level of achievement academically while attending. If you take your course work seriously you can make it happen from almost any school.

gtdrew

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me if he made this decision after spring practice. If he doesn't make headway on the depth chart, he may decide to take the job, and he should. I think Albert Rocker did something similar a couple years ago...

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
While yes the GT degree is great lets not get too carried away with the poo pooing of other institutions. A degree from Florida, OSU, the Real USC, and UGA carries weight depending on your level of achievement academically while attending. If you take your course work seriously you can make it happen from almost any school.
True statement. But, while theoretically possible, most football players at the schools you mention do not major in anything near as academically rigorous as the Tech mgmt degree.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Out of your list of 4 colleges, one of them is not like the others. I grew up in Georgia and was led to believe UGA was a great school and have countless examples of people who got degrees from UGA who did well within the state. If someone's plan is to stay in the state of Georgia the degree carries a lot of weight. If someone's plan is to move elsewhere and see new things a degree from UGA is as good as a degree from anywhere, just shows you went to college but it's not a national brand. Even in the mid-atlantic where I live now, which is relatively close, people would look down on a degree from there. This stems mostly from the thought that people from the south are stupid, not arguing this point we play with the hand we're dealt, and having a degree from an average school in a dumb area is not looked upon well.

That being said for grad school purposes a 4.0 from UGA is better than a 2.8 from GT. The caveat here is there are a ton of useless degrees UGA offers and that 2.8 in management at GT will get you much further than a 4.0 in Basketweaving theory or whatever the football major over there is now. The reality is most of their players are getting GT grades in joke majors and have time to commit crimes so we get to make fun as Mark Richt ruins the lives of some promising young men. It happens far too often for it to be just a few bad apples. If you can't tell I really think what that man does with people's lives is a crime and every February there are more people ready to send their kids off to him.