PBS special on country music

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I have followed the first 3 nights and it has been fantastic. I know you young ones will never agree with me on this but, Hank Williams is the greatest country singer ever and a genius to have written all those songs in such a short time. Lyrics like those songs come from a mighty deep thinker to be that young. He is the country music Shakespeare

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have followed the first 3 nights and it has been fantastic. I know you young ones will never agree with me on this but, Hank Williams is the greatest country singer ever and a genius to have written all those songs in such a short time. Lyrics like those songs come from a mighty deep thinker to be that young. He is the country music Shakespeare
I agree completely! Woulda, coulda, shoulda

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I've seen bits and pieces of it and am somewhat riveted by it. I will, sometime, sit down and watch it all.

Hank Williams? Did you see Larry Gatlin call Kris Kristopherson the greatest song writer ever? Gatlin did quote one of his songs that got me really thinking how lyrically complex it was. KK did have an interesting life only parts of it did I ever know about. Was an Oxford scholar, teacher at West Point.