Paul Johnson Radio Show - Tonight

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I'd also add increasing the recruiting staff and budget...

Not sure how much of that is CPJ's doing and how much is MBob's--hopefully it is due to both working together (something that I now suspect wasn't really happening before MBob's arrival).

Looking back, I think one of our handicaps had been an AD (now departed) who seemed to think that "infrastructure" was all about buildings, and did not recognize that good people are the backbone of a successful athletic program.

I was very happy to see that MBob took immediate steps to increase and improve the AA staff. It is a step that I think has started the ball rolling in our favor. We may not see instant dividends, but I see our program on the rise.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how much of that is CPJ's doing and how much is MBob's--hopefully it is due to both working together (something that I now suspect wasn't really happening before MBob's arrival).

Looking back, I think one of our handicaps had been an AD (now departed) who seemed to think that "infrastructure" was all about buildings, and did not recognize that good people are the backbone of a successful athletic program.

I was very happy to see that MBob took immediate steps to increase and improve the AA staff. It is a step that I think has started the ball rolling in our favor. We may not see instant dividends, but I see our program on the rise.
Funny you say that because it was due to incompetence in the AA staff that we landed on probation.... twice. It's also what caused "flunkgate."

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Funny you say that because it was due to incompetence in the AA staff that we landed on probation.... twice. It's also what caused "flunkgate."

Not "funny" that I said that at all, really—it's precisely one of the things that was on my mind when I wrote what I did. I just didn't want to cross the streams :eek: by mixing a Head Coach thread with an Athletic Director thread.

(And by the way, I semi-regularly have to deal with one of the people who was involved in Flunkgate; no longer in the AA, but still a thorn in the side, on the Institute end of things.)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Will's call (around the 27:30 mark) seems to be a bit of the baiting, but I don't think CPJ made a bad response. "... want to win every game..." try to meet your standards"

Don't see a problem with either response.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Good to have a house, but sorry you weren't also able to renew. Hope you'll be able to again sometime in the future. BTW, another guy who posts on here also works at Vogtle; he lives in Augusta. And also, I doubt 12:30 AM carries as far as Lincolnton, but they will supposedly be carrying all the games and call-in shows this year. It's been mostly an on-again-off-again situation the past few years.
I live in Augusta and yes it is a PAIN to try to find game coverage....also more frustrating that there's more SC and UGAG merchandise available then GT in local stores.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That merchandise problem is just as bad in the ATL. Internet shopping for gear is my friend. Only one brick n mortar store has good selection of Tech gear. Name slips mind at moment but they usually set up outside the stadium on gamedays.

I live in Augusta and yes it is a PAIN to try to find game coverage....also more frustrating that there's more SC and UGAG merchandise available then GT in local stores.
More than 24 hours later, and I just now saw your post. Good to find another Tech man in Augusta. I will try to remember to send you a private message in the morning. You could be a neighbor....LOL

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

As a fellow Augustan, this is the bane of my existence. I go to all the home games, but the away games kill me. We cut cable a few years ago and unless it's on E$ECPN3, it's hard to find the game here in town.

As for the merchandise issue, I had a conversation with a store manager the other day requesting GT gear. Most stores order what they think will sell. If we don't request it and buy it, they won't order it. I did tell him that it was odd that they carried uga, Clemson and SC gear without carrying GT gear, as GT has more National Championships (and more recent) than the other three schools combined.... ;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
As a fellow Augustan, this is the bane of my existence. I go to all the home games, but the away games kill me. We cut cable a few years ago and unless it's on E$ECPN3, it's hard to find the game here in town.

As for the merchandise issue, I had a conversation with a store manager the other day requesting GT gear. Most stores order what they think will sell. If we don't request it and buy it, they won't order it. I did tell him that it was odd that they carried uga, Clemson and SC gear without carrying GT gear, as GT has more National Championships (and more recent) than the other three schools combined.... ;)
You can download the new watchESPN app onto your phone or tablet and watch any of the ESPN network channels for free. If you download the Chromecast app and buy the adaptor, you can stream it wirelessly to your HD tv.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You can download the new watchESPN app onto your phone or tablet and watch any of the ESPN network channels for free. If you download the Chromecast app and buy the adaptor, you can stream it wirelessly to your HD tv.

Watch ESPN requires a cable company subscription. At least, it keeps asking me to log in every time I try it.

"Live streams of all the WatchESPN Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive ESPN as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers."

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/about

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
WatchESPN definitely requires an account with one of the cable companies that pay for the ESPN subscription. The internet ain't free!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I prefer tact and class over rude and unprofessional but that's just me.
I am just glad he is not Jekll and Hyde like some coaches. We pretty much know how to take CPJ. Coach Sabin is all sweetness and light and then he gets a question he doesn't like his face looks like an ax murderer and he bellows at the person.