Paul Johnson just on with Wes and Packer on ACC Radio...

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Basically said what we all know, we want to do what we do, they'll try to stop us how everyone does, but they typically have better players than anyone else we play which offsets schematic advantages. Need to stop killing ourselves with turnovers, missed field goals and general special teams play.

What was interesting was that he was actually funny and engaged. They started talking about golf, George Jones, Johnson told a story about when he was a coach at some junior college and doing work at some bar. Just fun and funny interview. Obviously, having Wes on helps, but man, if he were like that with the media in general, I think the perception of him would change dramatically.

Just my $0.02.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
PJ just isn't comfortable with the press. Just watch how he rubs his arm, adjusts his hat, glances around, etc during the questions. It just isn't his thing. I think sometimes he is brutally honest with his assessments to the point it sounds like he is making excuses.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
PJ just isn't comfortable with the press. Just watch how he rubs his arm, adjusts his hat, glances around, etc during the questions. It just isn't his thing. I think sometimes he is brutally honest with his assessments to the point it sounds like he is making excuses.
I don’t think he’s uncomfortable at all. I think he’s been answering the same dumb *** questions, asked by people who think they know what they’re talking about, for 30 something years. When someone who knows what they’re talking about asks him good questions, he’s almost always engaging, funny, etc. I’d like to see how funny and engaging posters on here would be after enduring people who don’t actually understand your job questioning your every move for that length of time. Add to that the fact that our local media is generally trying to take jabs at our program no matter the coach in order to entertain the larger fan base of uga. In CPJs case the narrative has always been that he’s a jerk with no sense of humor, which anyone who has actually been paying attention knows is not the case. This conversation comes up every time we lose a few games. Saban is a much bigger a******, but has won a lot more.