Paul Johnson gives hopeful injury updates on P.J. Davis, Dedrick Mills

I didn't get to see the GA-UNC game. I know that UNC was in the lead well into the 3rd quarter. What on earth did Georgia do in order to come from behind and win, when they have both a lousy offense and a non-existent defense?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Fedora went nuts over a bogus penalty and got an additional penalty resulting in getting his team backed up in their end zone. I think a turnover then occurred.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
is this the team that lost to that SEC powerhouse, Georgia?
Just because they lost to UGA who's not doing good means nothing this late in the season. GT lost to UNC and duke in 2014, but if they played again late in the season I think GT would have beat either. Just like if UGA and UNC played this Saturday I think most people would pick UNC to win.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I didn't get to see the GA-UNC game. I know that UNC was in the lead well into the 3rd quarter. What on earth did Georgia do in order to come from behind and win, when they have both a lousy offense and a non-existent defense?
UNC did implode a little with horrible decisions and coaches penalties etc, however, UGA was able to establish the run in ways that they haven't against other teams. UNC front 7 got pushed around. UNC is explosive but they are not all that physical IMHO. They have a lot of speed out wide and good RBs. It should be fun.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Just because they lost to UGA who's not doing good means nothing this late in the season. GT lost to UNC and duke in 2014, but if they played again late in the season I think GT would have beat either. Just like if UGA and UNC played this Saturday I think most people would pick UNC to win.
Well, perhaps you are right. But there is no line in the record book or memories that reflect "would have won if played later." I think by that reasoning Tech might have been unbeaen going into the ACC championship game in 2014. Alas, writ down is that UNC lost to Georgia.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Keeping it on topic, good news on Mills. Marshal is a big loss though. He is the home run threat outside for BB's.
Home runs for us this year are a two edged sword. Sure they get us points but they put our D back on the field and puts the ball back in our opponents hands. I'd just assume we march the ball down the field, milk the clock, and keep the ball away from opposing Offenses.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well, perhaps you are right. But there is no line in the record book or memories that reflect "would have won if played later." I think by that reasoning Tech might have been unbeaen going into the ACC championship game in 2014. Alas, writ down is that UNC lost to Georgia.
My point is that a team can be way better later in the season or they can be way worse.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Home runs for us this year are a two edged sword. Sure they get us points but they put our D back on the field and puts the ball back in our opponents hands. I'd just assume we march the ball down the field, milk the clock, and keep the ball away from opposing Offenses.

You make a good down side point, but home runs are always way better than not, and far out weigh the down side you mentioned.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
UNC did implode a little with horrible decisions and coaches penalties etc, however, UGA was able to establish the run in ways that they haven't against other teams. UNC front 7 got pushed around. UNC is explosive but they are not all that physical IMHO. They have a lot of speed out wide and good RBs. It should be fun.

You are right they are generally not all that physical. However, they seem to be playing better lately in the defensive front 7. Not world beaters by any stretch but better than they did against UGA. I worry that they are playing just enough better and have just enough speed to give us some problems. I know they are going to score and just slowing us down a bit may be enough.

folks will be ready to kill Switzer by the end of Saturday. Really good quick slot type receiver.