Paul Finebaum, Nebraska, and AA Resources

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Interesting call on today's Paul Finebaum Show. The caller was a former Nebraska Cornhusker who had played on the national championship teams of 1970 and 1971.

He lamented the fact that their AA is flush with cash ($175M), has an excellent and devoted fanbase, and a rich football history with 5 NC's. And yet, they can't find a coach.

He went to say that most programs, especially those of the SEC, should relax. Not everyone can put it together even if they are fully resourced.

Milwaukee

Banned
The word on Nebraska nowadays is that it's getting extremely hard to recruit there because the kids don't want to go to Lincoln anymore. That's been the talk around the cfb world for the past 2 years.

Who knows.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish Nebraska would just come get Paul Johnson and put us out of our misery. Some better coaches out there right now. We need to get younger and get a more kid relatable coach. Trick them into coming to GT.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
The word on Nebraska nowadays is that it's getting extremely hard to recruit there because the kids don't want to go to Lincoln anymore. That's been the talk around the cfb world for the past 2 years.

Who knows.

What's the difference between Lincoln and Tuscaloosa?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The top mega trend is mega cities and Atl is one of them.
Lots of young people doing stuff or trees - the choice is easy

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow

Who knows.

Goes to show you that there are hurdles out there for other programs, too. Of course, many people on here don't like to talk about the advantages our program has.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I am not sure who you were referring to here. However, I did just remember that I need to start working on my taxes.

You owe me a keyboard. I just spit coffee all over mine... :ROFLMAO:

1csexc.jpg

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
What I find is that there are all sorts of factory programs, many with 200+ majors, that don't have a consistent program. If you are winning 9 games a season, you're pretty much in the cream of all college programs.

I think we beat ourselves up WAY too much. We have a great school (one of the world's best, in fact) and continue to play great ball with some of the best football teams in the country.

I've seen TN's facilities. Yes, they are nice. But do iPhone ports and ventilated lockers really produce better football teams? Maybe they do recruit better athletes ... but do they perform better? The data says ... they don't.