Path to the Draft

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Jahmyr Gibbs...classy as they come. Definitely classier than some of our fans treated him when he left.

Agreed. This, his previous comments/tweets, and the fact that Keion White is labeled as a Georgia Tech person and not GT/Old Dominion, make me less salty that the Alabama logo is the only one tied to Jah on all the news and coverage.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. This, his previous comments/tweets, and the fact that Keion White is labeled as a Georgia Tech person and not GT/Old Dominion, make me less salty that the Alabama logo is the only one tied to Jah on all the news and coverage.

They always show the latest school its for brevity. Gibbs was an undergrad transfer right? It might be different for grad transfers.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Pretty good chance White is drafted before Gibbs. That's not a knock against Gibbs, it's just the value of a top end DL versus a RB in the eyes of the NFL. BOTH will be really good pro players.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We haven't had a Round 1 pick since 2010. Really happy for Keion - our whole defense was great last season but he was the biggest piece for me in large part because his pressure he put on QBs made everybody look better.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We haven't had a Round 1 pick since 2010. Really happy for Keion - our whole defense was great last season but he was the biggest piece for me in large part because his pressure he put on QBs made everybody look better.
Agree 100%.

To add, despite his obvious level of performance that earned him some accolades, I'm still not sure he got the appreciation he deserved. Unless you get sacks, FF, etc., your impact is not often highlighted on TV or in terms of awards. But he collapsed the pocket A LOT and was disruptive.

I'm hopeful Yondjouen (or the collective DL) makes a jump and offsets some of Keion's loss. He's shown flashes when healthy. But there are big shoes to fill that, like you said, made the defense as a whole perform a lot better last year, especially as Keion got back into game shape.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Your ex wife wins the lottery, and her picture is all over the news wearing the big diamond ring that hubby #2 gave her.

You're happy for her after she walked out on you and the kids? Well-wishing and all that? Because somehow this reflects well on you?

Liars.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Your ex wife wins the lottery, and her picture is all over the news wearing the big diamond ring that hubby #2 gave her.

You're happy for her after she walked out on you and the kids? Well-wishing and all that? Because somehow this reflects well on you?

Liars.

This is an apples to deck chairs comparison. We have no emotional connection to these kids other than the fact that they play for the school we like.

We can't have it both ways. We can't acknowledge the previous coach was a moron but require these kids to remain committed to what he had going on.

Kid made the best decision for himself and it came to fruition last night. Nothing wrong with a human being happy for another human.

I remember quite few of folks here saying he was just gonna be a 'guy' at Bama and have no impact. Curious to hear from those eggsperts now, btw.