Pat swilling 7 sacks vs NC State

Gtyellowjackets

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the game and he was the best player on the field. I didn't realize how significant it was until later. But I did know that stuff was posted all over the rehab room in the Edge building the following week about it (which was unusual).

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Rare for best players to make great coaches cuz game comes so naturally and athletically to them. Of course u have the larry birds or maybe peyton manning some day. But just in general.....

Anywho

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can remember working out at the same time with Pat Swilling and thinking he really wasn't that much bigger than me. He may have had me by 15 or 20 pounds at the most and wasn't that huge a guy. However, when it came time to bench, he would just endlessly toss up weights that I was struggling to get 6 or 7 reps with. It was humiliating. He wasn't that big, but he had some fast twitch muscle fiber. I can tell you that.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
IIRC this was also Jerry Mays first game. My father had seen him play in Thomson and told me he was good, so I was watching for him. I don't remember the circumstances, but I remember him taking a huge hit on a pitch and he didn't fumble. I thought then he was something special. He had a tremendous game against NCS in the rain in ATL the next year. I'm sure they were glad to see him go.

Swilling had a good game, but it was almost like NCS forgot to block him..