Pat Narduzzi Joins the Block Haters Club

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Was just listening to Nick and Chris in the morning on 680 just now and they did a segment talking about some comments from Pat Narduzzi regarding GT on his coaches show last night from Koepka's bar up in Pitt. Now I don't have a link, because it was on his coaches just last night, so nobody has published it, but I just heard the cuts on 680.

From Pat's teleconference the other day, I thought he had some nice things to say about us. Other than his incredibly luckiness the past couple of games against us, I have had no reason to want to absolutely punish his football team. Well...I do now.

Last night on his coaches show, his real opinion of us came out. When asked about our blocking scheme, Pat responded something like this "as a coach it scares you. They do a high low blocking scheme. They'll often have someone blocked high and someone will come in low. It's dangerous and illegal. It never gets called and I don't know how."

He the doubles down and goes after our receivers. When asked about our WR's he responded, "their main guys is Juene. He goes by Ricky I think. He will get out there and give a nice push off and go up and get the ball".

I hope these comments get to CPJ, because Narduzzi needs to be taken to the woodshed.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is the exact quote verbatim "but it scares you when you do that, it scares you in a game. They do a lot of high low. It's dangerous football. You watch inside, you watch our nose tackles there's times where a center is kinda hitting high and you get a guy coming in from the other side which is really illegal...umm...but they never call it so..umm...I don't quite understand how that happens"

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
WjQELdz_d.jpg

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is the exact quote verbatim "but it scares you when you do that, it scares you in a game. They do a lot of high low. It's dangerous football. You watch inside, you watch our nose tackles there's times where a center is kinda hitting high and you get a guy coming in from the other side which is really illegal...umm...but they never call it so..umm...I don't quite understand how that happens"

The center is trying to get to the 2nd level and the nose tackle is doing everything he can to prevent that which is defense holding which they never call and extremely dangerous for the nose tackle to do. I feel like this is where a lot of teams feel they get uncalled chop blocks, but it would always be offsetting with how many teams like to hold onto our centers.

Also I haven't had any respect for Narduzzi since the their games against VT last year. He complained that his DB's we're being pushed off against all night when in reality what was happening was they were holding onto receivers 10-15 yards downfield on every pass.

Last edited:

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
That's straight up A-hole talk right there. Maybe it's better than the passive aggressive BS we usually get, but come on. If their was validity to this argument, then someone would have shown it on video or stats on injuries and caused the refs, league, or NCAA to take action.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I'll try to find it but there's a video made by VT fans last year after he whined the entire post game press conference that VT cheated and pushed off non stop. Claimed the refs needed to learn to call it both ways, so the fans just put together a video of his secondary committing a ton of blatant pass interference and holding throughout the game

He's a known whiner

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll try to find it but there's a video made by VT fans last year after he whined the entire post game press conference that VT cheated and pushed off non stop. Claimed the refs needed to learn to call it both ways, so the fans just put together a video of his secondary committing a ton of blatant pass interference and holding throughout the game

He's a known whiner

Was it this one?

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
This is classic opposing coach attempting to plant seed in the officials' minds.

We'll see how well it works. We've seen some sketchy chop block penalties in the past (and some reasonable but clearly accidental, and no more in number than the other team gets against us). Yes Ricky pushes off but it's usually because he's being interfered with first or both players are pushing/contesting equally and it's a wash. IMO he sees his team as a little outmanned and is trying to gain an advantage.

It's still a puss move though and hope we ram it down their throats.