Pat McAfee Show Georgia Tech

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
This is like the umteenth time he has brought us up. He believes and is a fan and I’m here for it. A lot of young ears tune in to his show.
I wasn’t aware he was so high on us. That’s pretty cool and refreshing to hear. Seems more people that are general football fans believe in Collins and the team more than our own fan base.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

What I really like about McAfee's consistent praise of CGC and GT is that he reaches a younger audience than the standard college football pundits. It's a testament to make GT football cool again to a new generation of fans, Hopefully, recruiting, media support and results on the field equal an expansion of the fan base over the next 5 years.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Nothing comes up when I google houseboat flop. Thanks for your help
He did a belly flop off of a houseboat on Gameday last year. If he ends up on that stage full time, taking over for Coach, the flop will be his “Heisman moment” in my opinion. He’s had other antics as well. I think he ripped the sleeves off of his blazer one time, and rode in on a chariot another time. Fun dude.

Edit: Also, look up his gambling story. Basically, as a high schooler, he wanted to go to this prominent kicking combine in Miami, but his parents couldn’t afford it. So, he borrowed $100 from a friend and played poker at an illegal club, turning it into $1,400. He used the funds to finance a trip to Miami to participate in the final day of a national competition highlighting the best field goal kicking prospects in America. McAfee made nine consecutive field goals, starting at 25 yards and moving five yards out each time. He narrowly missed a 70-yard field goal, with the ball missing to the right but with enough distance to make it. After returning home, he was approached in the school's lunchroom by Tony Gibson, West Virginia's recruiting coordinator, who offered him a scholarship.

Last edited:

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
He did a belly flop off of a houseboat on Gameday last year. If he ends up on that stage full time, taking over for Coach, the flop will be his “Heisman moment” in my opinion. He’s had other antics as well. I think he ripped the sleeves off of his blazer one time, and rode in on a chariot another time. Fun dude.

Edit: Also, look up his gambling story. Basically, as a high schooler, he wanted to go to this prominent kicking combine in Miami, but his parents couldn’t afford it. So, he borrowed $100 from a friend and played poker at an illegal club, turning it into $1,400. He used the funds to finance a trip to Miami to participate in the final day of a national competition highlighting the best field goal kicking prospects in America. McAfee made nine consecutive field goals, starting at 25 yards and moving five yards out each time. He narrowly missed a 70-yard field goal, with the ball missing to the right but with enough distance to make it. After returning home, he was approached in the school's lunchroom by Tony Gibson, West Virginia's recruiting coordinator, who offered him a scholarship.
That’s wild. Thanks for the little tidbit. He’s a likeable guy