Pastner earns some bonuses, but Adidas about to pay up some cash to GT

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Pastner has earned an additional $50K for winning the ACC Title and $25K for making the NCAA Tourney.
A win Friday would earn an additional $50K. He gets another $25K if the team makes the Sweet Sixteen.
He just missed out on a $10K bonus for making the Top 25.

He has also earned a $100K bonus every year so far for the team having an APR over 950.

But winning the ACC Title means alot more cash for GT from Adidas. That triggered a clause upping Adidas' yearly cash payment to GT from $200K per year to $450K per year.
It also earns GT a one-time $150K bonus for winning the ACC Championship.

So that win Saturday was worth at least $900K in additional cash from Adidas (3 years left on the contract with an additional $250K plus each year plus the one time $150K).

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the extra adidas money will purchase a better font for the names on the jerseys that doesn’t look like the most generic Arial font availiable

Milwaukee

Banned
I’m surprised he only gets 50k for an ACC banner. As rocky as the first 4 yrs were, and I expect more than what we’ve gotten so far tbh, he absolutely crushed it this year. If he can get us to consistent NCAA appearances then I want him long term, but one out of 5 doesn’t do it. Now that he’s got his complete program in place I expect to make the dance every other year and I have faith in him going forward. His agent screwed up imo, he should get a lot more than 50k for the ACC title he just earned. Crushed it this year.

LibertyTurns

Banned
@RamblinRed Thanks for digging that up. I was wondering about that this weekend but was too lazy to dig up the contract info. Broke out of winter weather down here and was enjoying the beach.

Think that puts Pastner at $2,175,000 for the year unless I’m mistaken.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Pretty awesome that these guys took advantage of the opportunity they earned and secured a bag for the GTAA. History shows ACC titles don't come easy or often for our programs, so when you get the chance, you gotta capitalize.